Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bear Lake

A Continuation of 'Dreams and Fantasies'

One Saturday Izac invited me to go to Bear Lake, Utah with him for a family reunion. His grandparents health was declining and it was important to Izac that I go with him to meet more of his family. On the way there I found of that some of Izac's relatives had helped settle the Bear Lake area. 

There was food, fun and family which made for a rather joyous afternoon. They performed skits and songs, threw footballs and Frisbee's and just made a wonderful time of the afternoon. When the family activities had calmed we decided to go down to the lake. Ryker and Emma's death still weighed heavily on my mind and I was a little bit leery of getting in. Izac held me close as we got in and didn't let go of me. I felt protected in his embrace and calm words of encouragement. My love for him increased with his tender actions and words.

There was a jet ski that a family member had rented for everyone to use and soon enough Izac and I had a turn. He was pumped to rip through the waves and make me hold on as tight as I could to him. He was no dummy, he knew that the faster he went the tighter I would hold on. I guess he liked that or something :) . 

One time we were going pretty fast straight down the lake when Izac jerked the steering wheel to turn a sharp donut. I lost my grip on him in surprise and flew off the jet ski. I got my breath held in time but water slammed up my nose with such force that I came up sputtering. (I was wearing a life jacket). Izac rushed over to make sure that I was alright. He was concerned for my well being but seemed happy that he had been able to buck me off. Shortly after this incident, Izac became somewhat discouraged because he told me were were on a 'gutless wonder' and the jet ski had no power to do the things that he wanted it to do, that it should. I was thinking that it had plenty of power, which made me nervous for what a 'powerful' jet ski could do under my man's control. 

To finish up a perfect day we went to Bear Lake's Demolition Derby. If you don't know what a demolition derby is it is where a lot of cars go into a rodeo arena and try to crash into each other. The last one running wins. They are a blast to go to and the drivers love it as much as the audience. Once the whole arena held their breath as a car was flipped over upside down. Finally as the minute-seconds ticked by the driver was helped out and was alright. The derby continued as soon as they got the car flipped back over. 

Don't you just love the freedoms that we experience in America that allow us to do fun, American things like this? I love America, I've got a strong American pride!

I don't remember who won the derby but I do remember sitting on that hillside with Izac's hand in mine watching cars crash under the American Flag. The spirit of freedom was thick in the atmosphere almost bringing tears to my eyes. 

I love Izac and I love America!


   I got the picture from: http://toptenpk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/american-flag.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment