Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Next Day

A continuation of 'Stadium Singing'

I had just got out of class on Monday when I got a text from Izac saying that he would give me a ride back to my apartment. I gladly accepted the offer :) Once in his Bronco, I scooted on over so I was next to him in middle seat. His charm vibes were reeling me in and I loved every second of it. Once at my residence, we talked for a little bit before he had to leave to get some things done and I had to do some homework before my lab. 

After lab, and a service project with my family home evening group, I holed up in my room to hopefully accomplish some homework. When my thoughts weren't on my homework (which was rather frequently) they were on Izac or my cousin Ryker and his daughter Emma. The three of them were making constant visits in and out of my thoughts. I got a minimal amount of homework done before my newly found love came over. 

He said that he had an idea. He thought it would be real nice to make my Aunt (Ryker's mom) a card. He took me to the local supermarket and we got the stuff to make her a card. I was real touched at his thoughtfulness; it was all his idea and I loved it! 

It was raining, lightening and thundering, and dark outside when when we got back from the store. We both decided it would be fun and adventurous to go stand outside in the rain together and watch the lightening. We put the card making on hold and headed outside together.  

Once outside he pulled me into a hug and we started talking again. He told me that he had never really held or hugged a girl before and that he liked it a lot. He next proceeded to ask me about making it 'official' between us. I was somewhat surprised he asked this because just last night we had talked about not making it official for a while yet (keep in mind we had just met on Friday... and it was Monday). He proceeded to tell me that he wanted to make it 'official' and I replied to him that I would like that a lot! (A WAY LOT!:-) 

He continued on and told me how he had never done this (had a relationship) before and said that he was going to need my help. I told him that was just fine :-) . Inside I was freaking out; my nervous system was working full time as my heart rate had increased to at least two times faster than the normal rate. 

He could get to know me for me, not my lips. I was so ecstatic that it was all I could do to not shout a real loud HOORAY right there on the spot. It was such a sweet, tender moment standing there in his arms sharing mutual affection for each other verbally in the rain. 



I was now dating Izac! I had never been so impressed by a guy and I hadn't felt that way about a guy for the long time. We continued to talk a little about what we wanted in life and he told me that he wanted to own a business and live in Idaho (he is from Idaho Falls). He also told me that he wanted to live closer to St. Anthony where it was more secluded. This statement brought a real big smile to my face.

This is a line straight from my journal and was the last line I wrote about that Monday night:   "I swear he gets better and better every day. After we talked for a while he gave me a hug and left. What a great guy! :-D <- HUGE smile."    

I was surprised at myself for being so willing to date a guy and not hardly knowing him. I mean, we had just met on Friday and by Monday we were a 'thing'. My hopes were building up and up, and I was liking this guy who had never kissed a girl more and more. Was a climax going to hit only to come crashing down? 


I have found that I really like writing and I am having a good time writing this blog! I take this stuff from my memories and journal writings. It has been a lot of fun reading and remembering these moments with my husband :) I want to hear (or read) your love story!  

I really like being critiqued on how to do better. With my writing or grammar or punctuation or.... ect...

I got the picture at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Lightning_Storm_from_Deck_at_Far_View_Lodge_in_Mesa_Verde_National_Park_(4848055961).jpg 

4 comments:

  1. Not sure why my #7 and #8 are like that. I couldn't figure out how to fix it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joselyn I am loving your blog and find myself waiting for your next post!!! You have inspired me to start writing our story down :) I've been meaning to start for a week or so and just need to do it! It feels like a really daunting task since we've known each other since we were twelve...like where to start?!?! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yea!! That makes me SO happy! I am way excited to read about your story!! I understand how it can feel daunting... It has even felt a little daunting for me at times and I have only known Izac for three years. I have only made it through 3 days of knowing him on the blog and I already have 9 posts. :) You can do it! Just means more for me to read! :)
      It has been a lot of fun for me! I think you will enjoy it! Writing, remembering and cherishing those sweet memories with your significant other is rather enjoyable!! Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete