Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Marriage?

Of late my car had all the sudden gotten really noisy. Something underneath the car wasn't very happy and it let me know every time I drove somewhere.When it comes to cars I don't know much. I do know how to pay Jiffy Lube to change my oil but that is about it... One day I casually asked Izac if he might know what the problem was with my car being so loud. We went for a short drive and he suspected that it was my exhaust that was creating so much extra noise. He told me that if I brought it down to the shop where he worked he would try to fix it.

Upon further inspection we found out that the exhaust was falling out and cracked which is why it had seemed so much louder. In order to fix the problem we had to lift the car up to get to the exhaust. Izac put a fork lift under my car and lifted the two front tires off the ground and proceeded to get underneath my car. In my mind, I was like 'wait a minute, what are you doing?! what if that thing lets loose and the car comes crashing down and crushes you?!' It may not have just happened in my mind like I thought, I must have mentioned my concerns aloud because quickly he was right back up coming over to me. He took me in his arms and whispered that he knew what he was doing and was going to be alright. He quietly continued saying that if we were to be married in the future I was going to have to get used to him doing stuff like that for me. That brought a surprised but instant grin to my face. That is what a man does for his wife he continued to tell me, he takes care of the vehicles. I was blushing a deep red and excited all over. We both knew in our minds that marriage was our goal but never before had it been mentioned aloud. I was speechless as he gave me a quick kiss pulled slowly away to get back under my car and begin welding the crack and wiring the exhaust back in its proper place.

As he worked my mind began to wander, it was filled with thoughts of being married to Izac. We got along so well, he was everything I wanted and more. We could spend hours just talking, we had similar financial goals, we both had the same spiritual goals and we both knew the value of work and it was important to each of us. At that time I could almost picture Izac working on one of the cars in the garage, while I cleaned the house on a warm Saturday morning and our little munchkins were all around playing and helping 'mommy' and 'daddy' in their tasks. The thought of it filled me with deep joy and longing, it was my purpose in life and I really felt it confirmed at that moment. I was living what I thought to be a fairy tale dream, I felt that at any moment someone was going to pinch me and I would wake up and it really would be just a dream. I worried it was all way to good to be true, I had to pinch my own self to remind me that this was real and was really happening to me.

Amid my longing and exciting thoughts of the future, I tried as much as I could to help Izac, handing him wire and tools when he needed them. It really didn't take too long to weld the crack and wire the exhaust back up where it belonged. I was grateful the forklift didn't drop my car on him but most of all I was impressed. Another brownie point for the already near perfect man!? Who knows how much that would have cost me to get fixed at a garage?! I was very grateful to save money and spend time learning of more of the skills that Izac possessed. It meant a lot to me that he wanted to do something like that for me. He really cared and it was shown in his actions.

We took the car for a drive when he had finished and it was at least 5 times quieter, my man had done the job (and he did it good because I still have the same car and I haven't had a problem with the exhaust since, (4 years later!)) ! We celebrated a job well done by going out for some Mexican burritos. I profusely thanked him for the work he had done on my car!

I really wanted to ask if he was serious about what he had said earlier in the shop about marriage in the future. I was at a loss of how to bring the conversation up though. It's also safe to say I didn't want it to be one of those moments that really was too good to be true, so I didn't say anything aloud but allowed it to occupy my thoughts.

Soon he leaned over, put an arm around me, and with that teasing smile of his, he told me that he could tell something was on my mind. I tried real hard to act innocent and play dumb but he had me cornered. He then whispered, 'I bet I know what you are thinking about...' Teasing him with my own smirk I told him I was thinking about the green sauce on my burrito and how it was such a funny color of green. He smiled and replied that if you mix the green and red sauce it makes a real funny color. We teased and played around with sauces for a few minutes before he pulled his phone out and said, 'lets look at a calendar.' I was confused, why did we need to look at a calendar? but I kept my thoughts to myself as he continued to pull up a calendar. He began musing aloud, 'well we can't do it during my busy season, which is from October to Decemberish, Christmas wouldn't be a good time because there is too much going on and I want it to have its own day.' My mind was quickly making progress and catching up... It... What was it? DING, I knew what it was... A day for a wedding to take place...

Our wedding.

My hands turned clammy as the excitement reached every part of my body. It wasn't just a dream or too good to be true, I even pinched myself to make sure. I immediately agreed that I didn't want to get married amid the holiday season. To much going on and it just didn't seem like a good time for us. We began looking at the next best date. Spring break would put us at a wedding nine months away and that just seemed like a little too far away for the two of us who were extremely attracted to each other. Izac would still be going to school in the winter so we tried to find a time where there was a day off so that he wouldn't have as much homework to catch up on from the wedding and honey moon. I would be off track and not going to school during that time so I was more flexible. The next day off of school after the holiday's was President's day weekend, with February 18th being on the Saturday before.

February 18th.

We were talking about a date to be married!! I was as giddy as a young school girl who just won the spelling bee. I wanted to tell the world that I was going to be married to the man of my dreams but I also wanted to hold it all inside and keep it a special secret for myself. We decided that day was what we were going to be tentatively shooting for but that it was just between us for the time being, which was alright by me. 'Our date' was about six months away, plenty of time for me to mentally plan and prepare, I felt very happy and at peace with it. I was one content girl.    





Here is OUR LOVE STORY INDEX if you are just tuning in or want to re-read anything :) 
***

No comments:

Post a Comment