Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Blonde Spot

   My name is Joslyn, with inspiration from The Pioneer Woman and my love of writing (and a little spare time), I have decided to start a blog. Hopefully a couple people will read about my successes (which may or may not be a few...) and my failures (which may or may not be a lot.. :) ) both of which I plan on sharing. 

   Why in the world would I call my blog The Blonde Spot?

    My inspiration?

    Hair. Specifically my hair. 
               (... and may or may not be the many 'blond' spots that I have daily in my life)

Many people have birth marks, different pigments of skin color here and there, raspberries on their sides or freckles (also known as angle kisses :) ).

     Can you guess where my birth mark is? 

     In my hair.

Some of the skin on my head (where my hair grows, right up front) doesn't have pigment (or so I have been told) so the hair in that spot grows in a blonde-white color there, the rest of my hair grows in brunette. I have never colored my hair before (except maybe that Wash Out That Night Color for a Halloween Costume Color). 

I never thought there was a different thing about me until I went to college. Eventually I realized that my hair was different. At first I resented the spot in my hair that grew in a different color. I am a fairly timid person who (generally...) tries not to appear to extreme. My resentment during that time grew to the point that I started parting my hair to the other side. Doing so can almost completely hide The Blonde Spot. 

It was one of these special days, where resentment had parted my hair to hide my birth mark, that I went to visit my grandparents. My grandpa noticed the brunette-ness of my hair and commented something to the effect of "I like your blonde spot, it is you..." 

Such a simple sentence got me thinking that it is me and I don't need to be ashamed of it. I still have my 'brown days' where my hair is parted to hide my Blonde Spot but it's not out of resentment but rather the desire to change things up a little. 

So along with my frequent 'blond' moments, I thought this was a fitting title. :)

P.S. Sorry about the extensive use of parenthesis. :) 

P.S.S. When I figure out how this Blogging Website Thing works I hope to personalize it more.

P.S.S.S. What does P.S. stand for?




1 comment: