Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Becoming Hands Free!

It is the first day of August and this month I am going to begin a 'Hands Free' journey. I have been following an author by the name of Rachel Macy Stafford. I loved her blog writings so much that I whimsically bought both books she has. The one that I have started is called "Hands Free Mama - A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List and Letting go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters."


      The book is set up to take a year to get through, the reader is to read and work on one chapter a month. I have read the first chapter and will share with you what I have learned in next posts.  I am inviting you to go on this journey with me! I will share what the chapter was about, and how I am working on it, and my progress on this journey.  In becoming Hand Free, my goal is find more joy in life, to not allow minor things stress me out from enjoying the good, I want to see the flowers and not the weeds, I want to treasure each and every moment I am given with my precious children and husband. I want to deepen my relationships with family and friends and meet new friends in which to connect with. I want to learn to be present with whomever I am with and not just there physically. I want to get rid of the things that distract me from living on life on purpose and keep me from living the life I want to live. Come on this journey with me if you find that you have similar desires or if you just feel you are too distracted and want to re-connect with yourself! Maybe you are drowning in a sea of media and news that has you down, discouraged, and lost! I hope that by applying the principles she teaches in this book we will ALL be able to grasp what really matters! I hope to have you along for the ride! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment