Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Biking Idaho Falls

A Continuation of 'Rattlers'

Finally, Izac got back from Yellowstone. I was anxious and excited to see my man. I wanted to know what happened, what they did, what he liked about the vacation, but most of all I wanted to see his face and hear his voice. It had just been a few short days but I had frequently thought about him and wondered if he was alright. He didn't get good cell service where he was at so I didn't get to hear from him much at all.

When I saw his number pop up on my phone the excitement instantly swelled. He was ok. He was safe. He was home. And best of all he wanted to see me :) ! He told me that he looked like a mountain man because he hadn't shaved at all while they were in Yellowstone. He said that he wanted to shave and clean up and then meet up with me. It was decided that we were going to meet at freeman park and go for a bike ride. We each had Specialized bikes and were itching to ride them.

I arrived at the park before Izac did. I assembled my bike (I had to take the front tire off of it to fit it in my car) and walked down by the river. The coolness of the water urged a shiver across my arms bringing little goosebumps to the surface of my skin. The water made me think of Ryker and Emma and how I missed them. My thoughts lingered on the short lives that they lived almost bringing tears to my eyes. I didn't want to have a tear stained red face when Izac got there so I changed my line of thought to him. He was wonderful. He was cute. He was tall. He was older than me. He was a gentleman. He was a redneck. He was spiritual. He shot guns. He had served a mission. He was a hard worker. He loved to ride bikes. He had a Bronco. He had only ever kissed one girl. Me. Everything about this man attracted me to him. I glanced at the time and hoped that he would be arriving soon. I was one anxious gal.

A short time later he pulled up in his Bronco that we had so many memories in. A smile crept across my face in anticipation of seeing him. I couldn't hide it and didn't try to stop it from completely filling my countenance. At first glimpse of his face I knew that something was different. It didn't take long for me to noticed that he had trimmed his facial hair but had left some hair. I had never seen him with facial hair. I liked it. I liked it a lot. He was tanned dark brown from spending time in the sun on their vacation. His dark skin, his brown hair and the way those brown eyes looked at me held me speechless with a huge smile. How was I so lucky to have 'the package'?

My heart raced as he pulled me into a hug and kissed me. He told me that he had missed me. I was twitter-paited to the top of the scale. I told him that I missed him also and we began talking about our adventures while getting on our bikes. He enjoyed my story about shooting and the rattler, and I enjoyed his story about taking his sister's dog down a trail that had a sign that said 'No Dogs Allowed'. (I guess it was an accident, they didn't see the sign till they were done.) It was so good to catch up with him and just be with him.

We rode all over Idaho Falls. We rode the Greenbelt, to Tautphas park, to his grandparents house, and then to Snake River Landing before heading back to our cars. The breeze that rushed by as we rode was so refreshing. The physical activity was refreshing and being reunited with Izac was refreshing. In the back of my mind I questioned whether it was too good to be true?

No comments:

Post a Comment