Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Love

A continuation of 'Firelight'

My heart was thumping as fast as a rabbit's that just escaped a fox. 

Was it going to happen? 

Was he going to verbally tell me those three special words?

 Our eyes, full of emotion, carried the conversation back and forth. Under our diamond like sky, amidst the crackling fire and in the great outdoors Izac pulled me even closer and whispered with great affection in his voice: 'Joslyn.... I love you....'

I started melting right there in his arms. But before I completely melted away in bliss I replied back: 'Izac... I love you too... You are my best friend...'  

'And you mine Joslyn...' he muttered as he pulled me closer and I nestled in under his chin, 'And you mine...'

What ever part of me wasn't melted before was now completely a puddle of sheer happiness. I had never enjoyed being in a puddle so much. 

He held me in a hug for a brief minute before pulling me back to tenderly look in my eyes and pull me in for a kiss that just spoke what we had verbally confirmed. My puddle of happiness evaporated with his delicate kiss into a cloud of bliss. I was on cloud nine with Izac.

I never thought a love between two people could be so real, so full, so exciting, so honest, so wonderful, so worthy, and so absolutely fantastic. After the last few men that I had dated I really thought that I was going to have to settle on something or another...

But with Izac...

There was no settling... He was EVERYTHING I had ever hoped and dreamed for and more... He made me want to be a better person and aspire to more than I thought possible. I had that mental checklist of what I wanted my husband to be like and he fit every single one of them. How was such a beautiful love happening to me, Joslyn Waters? (Well, at the time it was 'Waters'  ;-) )  

At times when we were dating it often seemed to good to be true. I wrote frequently in my journal how I was scared or nervous that it was too good to be true. Guys like Izac just didn't exist. They were too stuck up.  They were too short. Too horny. Too young. To old.  Too concerned about money. Too not concerned about money. Too weird. Too much of a jock. Too... Too... Too...  But here was my 'perfect' man holding me close in a serene romantic setting and telling me that he loved me! Was I blessed? or lucky? or both?

We made our way over to a wooden picnic table that was nearby and laid side by side to enjoy the perfectly clear night, hand in hand. No words needed said for the moment. I didn't want to let go of his hand. I didn't want to leave his side. I wanted to be by him forever. Every waking and sleeping moment. I wanted to be there for him when he was sick. When he was happy. When he had good days and bad days. I wanted to enjoy my life with this man and spend the rest of eternity with him. I. wanted. to. marry. him. I wanted to be his wife and eternal companion. I knew it, and I was going to try my hardest to have things continue between us. 

'Izac...' I whispered quietly 'I have never told a guy that I loved them at the same time they told me... You are the first that I have told it to at the same time.' To me, that was another confirmation that what we had going was special and wonderful. It meant a lot to me for some reason. 

For me love was (and is) deep. It wasn't something that you just spouted off to anyone on the second date. It was a lot more than that to me. It was spending time with someone, learning of their likes and dislikes, their passions and pains. It was loving them for who they were and wanting to spend time with them. It was more than just the outward appearance or the physical attractions. It was spirituality and display of self control. It was honesty and virtue. 

Love. 

That is what Izac and I knew was blossoming between us, no weeds were going to choke us off and destroy us. At that moment in time lying by his side on the picnic table, that is how I felt. Like a big giant sunflower blossom.



I got the picture from here: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/20000/nahled/two-sunflowers-110661299854746a5r.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment