Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Break

This is why I haven't written for a while...

Izac's spring break from school was this last week. Last summer it was one of our goals for Izac to get his Pilot's licence. It was all set and on track until our baby boy decided to come in June instead of August. We spent countless hours in the hospital while our baby was there for a month and a half. When we did bring our little one home it wasn't an easy adjustment for me and Izac tried to be around as much as he could. This did not allow him time to finish his pilots licence before winter snow's set in. 

Over the winter his instructor moved to Mesquite... In March his flight instructor offered to let us stay with them and build some hours during spring break. We considered it and decided that we were going to go for it. Ryker and I were able to go with him so we made a family vacation out of it. 

While Izac flew, Ryker and I put miles on the stroller and spent some time wandering around Mesquite. It was an enjoyable time but also extremely hot down there. One day it reached 95! We spent time in the pool, on walks and Izac and I even were able to watch the first 'Indiana Jones' (I haven't seen them yet..) while Ryker napped one day. 


 Izac flying high in the sky


My man and the plane he flew while in Mesquite


After one of Ryker's naps we found him like this. :)


Family photo at a park that had turtles in the pond. Our son was skeptical about me taking the picture... :)


To end our vacation off we decided to hit Zion's National Park. Izac had been there before and really enjoyed it and he wanted to show it to me. The both of us really enjoy being our in nature so I was pretty excited for this adventure. We planned to do Zion's on Friday so that we could surprise my family (They weren't expecting us to get home until Sunday, because the original plan was to go to Zions on Saturday) and get home on Saturday in time for my little brother's Eagle Scout Court of Honor.   

Zion's was STUNNING! I tried so hard to capture the beauty of it in a picture but none of them did it justice. It is just one of those things that you have to see for yourself to appreciate the true beauty of it. To begin our journey we drove through this LONG tunnel that people had made through it years ago. It was at least a mile long. I was in awe the whole ride through it. 


When you are driving through the tunnel there are holes of day light that they have carved out. This is one of those holes. :)



I really thought that the half circle, cave looking thing was cool!


WOW!


When we got our map, we found a few shorter hikes that we wanted to do. I think we ended up doing five in total. Our little boy hadn't had a nap yet that afternoon and at times on the trail he got a little fussy. He really wasn't as bad as he could have been though. Izac did a good job at carrying him and keeping him entertained. Ryker is not the kind to fall asleep in your arms... He only will fall asleep in his crib or sometimes in the car seat. He had his moments but we all survived and had a real good family time hiking. 


There were a TON of people there doing the same thing that we were doing and hiking the park. Five or Six times there was a traffic jam in the path. And can you guess what everyone was looking at? ...Squirrels... I see squirrels quite frequently and found it comical that everyone was so fascinated with them. After seeing like three or four of them, I just had to get a picture to prove that I had seen a squirrel at Zion's National Park. I probably could have picked this little guy up. He wasn't scared of me at all. 


Family photo. I can't remember which hike this was on but they were all BEAUTIFUL!


 If you can look past my handsome boys, you can see how beautiful it was there!


Breath taking.


At the end of our last hike. Sorry I recorded it at the wrong angle... Just tilt your head to the side and it will be like normal ;-)


Family photo on the shuttle that took us up the Canyon and then back to the car. This was on the way back after having a great day hiking! 


My sister and her husband also were here, from California, for my brother's Court of Honor and for the weekend and we have some pretty fun stories with them that will be for another blog. :)

I did post a new blog continuing our love story, it is found here if you are interested: Firelight

No comments:

Post a Comment