Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Firelight

A Continuation of 'Biking Idaho Falls'

It was the weekend of the Waters Family Reunion and Izac was coming with us to meet the extended family and have a good weekend camping. The weekend consisted of a horseshoe tournament, floating the river, hiking, playing mafia and food. We were in the great outdoors and more than happy to be able to spend some extra time together.



Saturday evening the fire was crackling as we exchanged glances from each other, to the fire, and to the clear night sky. The air that we breathed was nothing but fresh mountain air, our minds were clear of homework, school and work. We had played hard enjoying mother nature and building relationships with my side of the family. We were alone watching the fire dance shadows across our bodies. The wind was calm as a retired man relaxing on the porch. The stars gleamed and shone as bright as diamond earrings in the summer sun. My heart was full of gratitude for the beautiful earth that the good Lord had created for us. The weekend had been phenomenal thus far and I didn't see how it could possibly get any better.

Izac stood and grasped my arm to pull me up next to him. His arms slid around me in a soft embrace. Being there in his arms next to the warm firelight made me realize how much I really cared for him. He was everything that I wanted and thus far he seemed as attracted to me as I was to him. He pulled me just a little bit closer, bringing me back to earth and where I was standing, gazing into his chocolate brown eyes. His eyes were full of admiration, but I could tell that he was nervous. I hadn't picked up that he was nervous until that moment. I was curious but decided to let the moment happen and wait to find out what was on his mind.

His whisper was deep, soothing and full of emotion.

'Joslyn...

I love being with you...

I love spending time with you....

And being around you...

At this moment in time my heart rate had accelerated. He was everything to me. Here we were in this romantic setting next to the cracking fire, and under the diamond like stars and my best friend was telling me that he really loved being with me and spending time with me. I was on cloud 9 far away from some of the devastating realities of life. After enjoying the complements he had given me I replied with added emotion in my own voice.

'Izac...

I feel the same...

I love every minute with you...

I love that you are active and love the outdoors...

I love that you are a worthy priesthood holder....'

I let the words hang, tears trying hard to escape my eyes. We just stood there letting our eyes confirm the words that we had just said to each other. The affection and admiration in the air was so thick that you could cut it. The best thing about it was that it was a mutual affection and admiration in every sense of the word. Things were going great for us. Little did I know they were about to get even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment