Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

'Activities With Our Families' '

A continuation of 'Busted'

We had decided that it would be good to fill some of our time getting to know each other's families better. The first activity we did was to float the river with Izac's family. With Ryker and Emma's death still frequently filtering through my thoughts, I was a little bit nervous to get in the river. I missed them, and ached for them to be back on earth. They had died too young. It hurt me in every way that they had drown...


Izac knew of my concern over the water and was a real gentleman helping me to get going. The water was flowing pretty swift where we entered, making all of my muscles tense. Everyone was wearing wet suits and life jackets which helped calm my nerves somewhat... 
It was a difficult task to get on our tubes before they floated away because the water was flowing so fast. Izac's mom was one of the first ones to attempt getting in and she slipped... The tube was floating swiftly away as was Izac's mom. All three boys (Izac, his dad, and brother) started sprinting towards his floating away mother and tube. My body was having some kind of panic attack and my feet were stuck to the dirt. I couldn't move and just stood there watching the scene play out before my eyes... 

Somehow she had navigated her body towards the shore and was able to grab a branch until one of the boys retrieved her tube for her. She was unscathed but I was sure concerned. 

The rest of us took extra precaution when loading and were able to shore off just fine. The fast pace dragged us from our starting point and the water got real shallow. Shallow enough that our bums were bumping across the submerged rocks. It took real talent to lift yourself off the tube, while staying on it, in order to save your rear end from the hard river rocks. 

His family loved to tease and joke, it was a real riot getting to know them. They all seemed like down-to-earth people who loved life and enjoyed the outdoors. I shared some of my interestes with them and they shared theirs with me. 

After a short time floating on tire tubes, the swiftness of the water slowed down. Izac started to bump and pull at my tube teasing me, threatening to tip me. I pushed back at him and tried to splash him. 

That did it...

Before I knew it I was under the water with my tube nowhere to be found. I panicked under the water, Ryker and Emma's faces flashing before my mind, but I popped up pretty fast. Breathing hard and somewhat scared, I immediately was after revenge. I started splashing him and trying to get him off of his tube. He was real strong and stuck like glue to that tube. I finally decided to just sit on him. I would drip my hair all over him and get him wet that way. 

It worked. But I think he liked it because he didn't shove me off :) I got him wet and was going to head back to my tube but he held me tight, making movement impossible. I guess he liked my revenge or something... I moved to sit by the side of him on his tube and we floated down the rest of the river that way. I was happy. I was getting to know his family and I enjoyed them. I loved every minute that I spent with Izac. 


Another time we decided to get together with my family. My dad and Izac got into a real deep conversation about Izac's AR and guns. I was somewhat lost, but happy to sit next to him while he and my dad talked the boy talk of guns. 

My dad has always been one of my heroes. He taught me how to work hard and honest. He showed through example how to serve others in need. He fed my love for the outdoors by frequently being outside. He was and is a great example in always being a worthy priesthood holder for the family. I loved (and still do) my dad and his opinion mattered to me. 

I had learned the hard way, before Izac came along, how important it was to listen to my dad's input... That story goes as follows: My dad had told me that he was concerned about the boy that I was dating. He really didn't like him and had a bad feeling about him. I ignored what my dad said... Then a short few weeks later I found this boy I was dating laying with another girl on his chest. I had learned the hard way that I better listen to my dad's input. He could see more from the outside of that situation than I could from the inside. He knew better, but unfortunately I had to learn the hard way that time. From this event, and him being one of my heroes, I was going to trust what he said about Izac... 

Things between them had seemed to be going good so far, I mean they were talking about guns together... They were getting to know each other more and that is what Izac and I wanted. I was really hopeful that my dad would like Izac because I liked him... A lot... 

After talking guns for a time, we went outside and did some fun tricks on the trampoline. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the world smelt green and inviting. Everyone was enjoying themselves and having a good time. Izac was fast becoming my best friend and I was craving to have a future with him.     

No comments:

Post a Comment