Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spicy-Sweet-Hot-Burning-Sticky-Goodness

A continuation of 'Activities with our Families'

A new week was upon us, filled with new adventures. I was up for any adventure as long as it was with my love. We hadn't verbally told each other that we loved each other, but I knew I was head-over-heels in love with him. I was attracted to every part of this man; his dark brown eyes that complemented his dark brown hair, his white smile that would sneak out to say hi to me, and his spontaneous personality and adventurous side. What I loved best about him was that he brought out the fun side of me. I did fun and spontaneous things with Izac that I had never dreamed of doing before. None of it was bad, it was just a side of me that not many people knew. He made me want to be a better person, he lifted me up to new heights. When I was with Izac I didn't compare my features to the features of others girls (well not as much as I did before I met him... I am a work-in-progress). I was happy and satisfied being me. And he liked me. In my mind Izac was better than the prince charming that I had dreamed about. He was more that I could ever hope for in a man. To be down right honest, I wanted to spend eternity with Izac. The way things were going I was very hopeful of that prospect. I wanted to spend the rest of my life being spontaneous with this man to whom I was so deeply attracted.  

I was going to make dinner for my man and I was very excited about it. It was a recipe that my mom would periodically make for us growing up and we loved it. It was spicy-sweet-hot-burning-sticky-goodness also know as Winger's Chicken sauce (If you have ever had Winger's sticky fingers before you know what sauce I'm talking about). My mom had gotten a sauce recipe that was really similar to that sauce. It was easy to make and I was going to impress Izac that I knew how to make restaurant style food. I planned to make a healthy alternative to the fried-crispy chicken and did grilled chicken on sandwiches, adding the sauce on top of the chicken. It was simple but different and delicious. 

Many thoughts coursed through my brain as I mixed the ingredients in my sauce pan. I briefly thought about my homework load (very briefly), then my thoughts went to my lost cousin and his daughter. Wanting this night to be happy I let my thoughts wander to Izac. His hands. His height. I loved his height, he was noticeably taller than me but not too tall. I had to tip my head back to kiss him and it wasn't a strain to reach for either of us. I thought about the complements he gave me and the sweet texts that would welcome wonderful dreams at night before bed. The more my thoughts ran wild about him the more I wanted to keep him mine for a good long time. I felt a brief prickle burn on my hand and I was immediately brought back to reality of the sauce that I was cooking. Luckily I hadn't burned it yet. The smell of the tangy, hot, sweet sauce filled my nostrils making my tummy grumble. I hoped that Izac would arrive soon because the food was just about prepared. Just as that thought was replaced by another, Izac walked in. 

I was so happy to see him. He pulled me into his arms whispering in my ear that it was nice to come 'home' to a beautiful woman. I sheepishly grinned and laid my head on his shoulder. It was nice to have him come 'home' to greet me with a warm hug. It filled my body with complete contentment and warmth. He leaned back and gave me a brief kiss. He made me feel wanted and I hoped that he felt the same coming from me. 

We ate our sandwiches and talked of our daily triumphs and struggles. We updated each other on what we had going on and just enjoyed the presence of each other. The sauce on the sandwiches was a hit. He loved it, and complimented me profusely on it. He wanted his own bottle of it so it could become his new ketchup. I was proud of myself and my accomplishment in the kitchen (yay me!). 

There was some sauce left in the bottom of the pan. Izac gave me a mischievous smile and I knew that he had some kind of plan working out in his mind. He dipped his finger in the sauce.... I was wondering what he was going to do with it. I was a wee bit confused. Was he going to hand lick the pan clean? Was it really that good? 

His eyes smiled big at me as he brought his finger and spread the spicy-sweet-hot-burning-sticky-goodness all over my lips. I decided to play along, still not quite sure what his plan was behind this one, and dipped my own finger in the sauce and spread a rather reasonable amount of it on his lips. My lips were starting to feel the burning prickle that only that sort of spicy food can bring. Izac first looked at me and then my lips. His head tilted in towards mine and soon I felt a pair of sticky lips touch mine. Talk about a hot kiss (pun intended :) ). The sauce burned my skin. The kiss had spread the sauce to the skin around my lips and it was burning also but I was enjoying every minute of the burn. This was our unplanned, offhand event and we had fun. The burn heightened the senses in my lips and gave my man's lips a gloss that made them that much more irresistible. We kept control of the situation knowing that a moments pleasure could ruin forever, but, man... that sticky goodness was fun.  

We cleaned up and enjoyed the rest of the evening doing homework next to each other. From time to time we would remind each other of the fun that we had earlier in the evening. We contemplated if other couples had as much fun as us. We had a mutual agreement that those types of things were small 'traditions' that we wanted to keep up and alive in our relationship.



I apologize for my last few writings. I was having a writing block and just forgot how to write good. My dear husband (I read him all of 'our love story' blogs before I publish them) read me a journal entry of his from when we were dating and his details were phenomenal and hilarious. He reminded me of how much better I could be on my details. We are hoping that when he gets more time he can contribute to this blog and tell his side of our story! It has been really fun for us to reminisce these times again together, it has reminded us of how cute we were and that we need to keep continuing those 'small' traditions'.I hope you are reminded of your 'small' traditions... They help keep the spice and heat alive :)  Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment