Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Busted

A Continuation of 'Secret Admirer'

I had to sleep on the fact that my man had a 'secret admirer' out there and I had no clue who she was! It was not a peaceful nights rest. It cluttered my thoughts as I went to my morning classes. I thought of every possible person on the plant earth I could think of. I was annoyed and ready to find out the mystery admirer. 

Izac and I had planned to get together for lunch and we were going to continue our investigation of mystery girl. Izac came to me with a smile in his eyes and I knew by the look on him that he had some information that I was going to like. 

I was making him an easy lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches and I left them to inquire of what he knew. He put off my insistent questions by asking how my morning was, how I had slept ect ect. I knew that he was teasing me, but I was so curious to know! Did he find out who it was?! 

Finally, after like five straight minutes of his questioning I made some headway. At this time he proceeded to tell me that he had left his phone at my apartment the other day on accident and had come to pick it up a few hours later. I had been at work when he went to pick it up. He said that he didn't know who it was but that narrowed our search down to five girls. By this time the aroma of burning bread filled our nostrils and I knew that I had burnt the grilled cheese...

As I placed our blackened sandwiches on the table, my mind began furiously processing this new piece of information. One of my roommates had seen his phone there and programmed their number in it to read 'secret admirer'... I had five roommates.... I had phone numbers for two of them.... They had said that they were 'taken'... And the two who were taken I didn't have their phone numbers... That narrowed our search down to two of my roommates. I was disappointed that one of my roommates was doing that. She wasn't being faithful to her boyfriend and it was discouraging.

We proceeded to eat our charcoal sandwiches and Izac suggested that I text one of my other roommates to get the phone numbers of the two that had boyfriends. I proceeded to do so and within a few minutes we knew who it was... We also knew that she was dating John, they were over at the apartment together quite a bit. We decided to text her to see if she would voluntarily give any more information that day. The conversation went something as follows:

Izac and I: Hey Secret Girl, how are you?
'Secret Admirer': Hey cute guy! I am great how are you?
Izac and I: I'd be better if you told me who this is... :)
'Secret Admirer': Well, I can't do that, but I sure like talking to you :)

She was not about to reveal who she was or call it quits so Izac and I thought of a way to lay down the hammer to let her know that she was busted. We asked.... 'How does John feel about that?'

Up to this point in the conversation she had been texting us back rather fast. We knew that she was right with her phone. 

We didn't get a reply and I had to be to work...

The question that revealed that we knew who she was a figurative 'slap in the face' to her because John had no idea that she had been texting Izac. She didn't reply for to Izac for hours. We stumped her. She was corned and knew that she could be in real big trouble. I am sure she tried to think of every come back in the book but nothing worked, she was sneaking around behind John's back and she knew it. 

When Izac and I met up that night to do homework he showed me what she had finally sent back and it just said 'great!'. No real come back for her. Immediate satisfaction for me, it was like a giant load was removed from my back knowing who it was that that she had been cornered. Izac and I were able to continue our evening in peace. It was nice to have that burden lifted that she was no real threat to me. And even nicer when I got a kiss goodnight from him. :)  

After that day, she got real moody around us and avoided us at all costs. When she was around me she would give me cold icey glares. It made me feel real good that Izac tried to show extra affection towards me when we were around her. I kind of enjoyed that... :) Our new quest was to prove to her that we were completely faithful to each other.When we were around her Izac would lay a big kiss on my cheek, hold my hand or put his arm around me making sure that she knew I was his. Many times this ended with her nosily storming off to her room. It was our own secret game to make it clear to her how strong our  relationship was.    

My jealousy was something that I needed to work on but I made progress this day. I wanted to tell John and the others what she had done but that would have created drama and not gotten me anywhere. So Izac and I never said another thing about it to her. 

She never really talked to me much the rest of the semester but I still had Izac as mine! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment