Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Semester's End

A continuation of 'Spicy-Sweet-Hot-Burning-Sticky-Goodness'

The semester was coming to a close. We had had a great time getting to know each other and it was very bitter sweet. I didn't want it to end, I wanted the fun to continue. I wanted us to still live close so that we could go anywhere and do anything that we wanted. I had met and gotten to know Izac and I was falling in love with him. We had made so many memories at my apartment and around Rexburg that I wanted those memories to stay and not fade. As I started packing my clothes the memories flooded of all the fun things we had done since we met... a glitter fight... shooting guns... swimming... him comforting me in time of death... homework...movies... text messages... the Play Mill... Mesa Falls... and our recent spicy kisses... I lingered on each memory with a smile on my face. Things were going so well between us and I didn't want it to end. I didn't want things to be different. The sweet part of the whole situation was that I had been able to pass all of my classes with good grades!

Izac and I would both be moving in with our families. He had to work during the fall and I was going to commute to Rexburg for school so he and I could be semi-close (his family lived in Shelley which is like a 20 minute drive from where my family lived. It is a 40 minute drive from Rexburg.).

We had to celebrate that we had survived our classes while keeping our relationship in good standing. We decided to go see Cars 2. I cuddled in somewhat close and we enjoyed the carefree, homework free moment next to each other in the theater. We had clear minds, no procrastinated homework in the back of our minds reminding us of the reality of our college life. It was done and we could think free. We were together, fingers interlocked, in that theater and both happy as could be.

With the closing of the semester came the wonderful, glorious, stupendous, and favorite-to-everyone, clean checks... After seeing Cars 2 (which we both really enjoyed) we went to Izac's apartment to start cleaning. The longer I could be with him the better. I decided that even if it was spent cleaning I wanted to be with him.

Izac had messy roommates. Most of them had already high-tailed it out of town in order to avoid the wonderful, glorious clean checks that everyone loves. His apartment was a mess. One reason we never really hung out at his apartment was because it was so messy. Izac was embarrassed by the endless clutter of his roommates... He was flustered by the mess they left. They hadn't even tried to help in any way. He started ranting about how the mess was disgusting and shameful; he wondered aloud how people could live that way... I just walked over to him, amid his perplexity and just gave him a kiss. That kiss melted some stress of the moment away and he was little better after I 'kissed him better'. :) I was so happy cleaning that apartment because I was doing it with him.

Two of his roommates had stayed so they were helping us clean. The other three left the mess without a look back. We looked at the list of what needed to be done for the clean check and decided to divide and conquer. Izac and I would frequently check on each other, just to make sure each other wasn't missing any spots.... (or something like that ;) )

On the plus side of the clean check we found stuff that the boys had left behind in their hurry to avoid clean checks. They weren't coming back so we got to keep some of the lout for payment. I found an almost full bottle of really nice moisturizing lotion that Izac said I could have. I was elated about that. Normally, I didn't spend money for that kind of moisturizer, but I was excited to use it and try it out.

After a couple of hours of cleaning, and it being late in the evening, we were exhausted. Izac collapsed on the couch pulling me down with him. We turned to lay on our sides as not to lay on one another and we just relaxed for a couple minutes. It was so comfortable in his arms. I could have easily fallen asleep there. It was tempting to the both of us, just to rest like that... We were both wiped out and had been working hard to clean up other boys' messes so Izac didn't get charged for it.  His touch warmed my skin and I was attracted to him in every way imaginable on planet earth. It was late and time to go but I knew there was still more to do in the morning... The little devil in my head wanted me to stay where I was and relax my muscles next to Izac's warm body. That devil wanted me to fall into a cozy sleep and let the morning sun wake us up... But my good spirit told me that I knew better than to do something of the such... I needed to leave...


No comments:

Post a Comment