Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

'Secret Admirer'

A continuation of 'Virgin Lips'

The next afternoon Izac came over to my apartment. He came to me with teasing questioning eyes and his cell phone in his hand. Holding up his phone for me to see, he asked me: 'Is this you?'. I wasn't sure what he was suggesting or talking about so I didn't answer until I had a chance to see his cell phone.  On the screen were texts from a number named 'Secret Admirer'..
My heart started to race and thump, threatening to jump right out of my rib cage. I felt nervous, envious, jealous and threatened all at the same time. I hadn't had anything to do with it. I started panicking that someone was trying to get Izac away from me, and that they would be smarter, cuter, funner, and more what he wanted. When I replied to Izac that the texts weren't from me his face filled with confusion. I could almost read the question that was in his expression; 'then who is it?'.  My expression mirrored his. Who was this 'Secret Admirer'?

Initially Izac thought that I was the 'Secret Admirer'. I did admire him, but it wasn't so much a secret and it was not me sending these texts... the conversations went something like this:

'Secret Admirer': Hey you! How are you?
Izac: Hey you! I'm great, how are you?
'Secret Admirer': I am pretty good myself, and you are good lookin'.
Izac: Oh really? :) Why, thank you.

He played along with it for a bit because he sincerely thought it was me. I was sweating because I was nervous; I was jealous in this situation and I wanted to, needed to know who the culprit was it was eating at me.

My mind started scanning every possible scenario. Every possible girl that it could be. I thought of girls that both he and I knew and considered girls that I didn't know. I was determined that we were going to get to the bottom of this. Izac and I played along a little more to see if we could come up with any details.

Izac and I: Maybe if I knew who you were, I could call you good lookin'.
'Secret Admirer': You know me :) we have met before.
Izac and I: Oh we have?
'Secret Admirer': Yes, more than once in fact :)
Izac and I: That sure helps me to narrow it down.. :)
'Secret Admirer': I thought it would :)

Who ever it was they wanted the suspense to last. They wouldn't really budge on any clues or details. I was some what annoyed at this person and frustrated. My thoughts kept returning to the same things: he was mine. We were the cutest couple ever. We were dating and my plan was to keep it that way...

We started discussing who we thought it might be. My first accusation was a girl across the hallway who flirted with everyone. She was a pretty girl and attracted to almost any guy, her flirtatious personality was flaunted at every available moment. Izac proceeded to show me that he already had her saved as a contact in his phone under a different phone number. My next thought was that she may have used one of her roommates phones. It was a possibility...

Another text came in...

'Secret Admirer': I have a secret.
Izac and I: Oh you do huh? What is your secret?
'Secret Admirer': I am taken too.
Izac and I: Is that so?
'Secret Admirer': Yup :)

The clown had a boyfriend. It was likely someone that we both knew because they knew that Izac was taken. Was it Izac's family home evening sisters? Was it someone from his classes? Someone in our ward? I didn't want to think it... but it crossed my mind... Was it one of my roommates?

I was concerned and uneasy about the whole situation. I didn't like it and I was going to find out who it was.



I got the picture at: http://www.newcellphonesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sprint-lg-rumor-2-cell-phone.png

No comments:

Post a Comment