Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A More Excited Girl!

I have to preface this blog a bit. I went back and read it from my journal and I really didn't think I couldn't make it too much better, so this i mostly straight from my journal (I did take out others names and fix a couple of things but other than that this is what I wrote almost 5 years ago) 

This post is a continuation of 'Excited Girl':

          My next card read the following: “I remember trying to build up the courage to ask you on our first date. You may not know this but I was nervous, I thought, ‘look at this beautiful girl, she sits next to me in my truck and she let me show her how to shoot a gun . . . I’m Loving this!!’” “Sometimes I wish I could go back and relive those days. ;)”  “If you made it this far you are doing great! Your next stop will test color and taste. Tell them your name and buy yourself a snack.” In the hint card was a gift card to Jamba juice. We had gone there once on our bikes and drew a picture of Obama holding a Jamba and called it 'JambaCare'. It was pretty funny and a good time.

          Once I got to Jamba I went in and told them my name. I told the guy my name was Joslyn, he looked at me like “ I don’t care what your name is!” but then he thought about it and was like OH...! Joslyn!! He pulled out a wrapped present for me and with it there was a free Original Jamba for me. I didn’t have to use the gift card Izac had got me at the last stop.           They made me a Jamba while I opened the present. I really couldn’t stop from smiling! It was kind of busy there and everyone was looking at me. A funny thing was, that with the gift there was a sprinkler head. I knew right were the next one was going to be without even looking at the card (nature park where we had had a sprinkler water fight one night
 ). One lady asked if I was getting asked to a dance, I told her I thought it was a little bigger than that… Like marriage. She smiled and congratulated me. Once I got the gift open there was another card with my name on it and a pink undershirt that I have been wanting, it was from Hollister too and probably wasn’t cheap. I was beginning to feel kind of bad for him spending so much, especially if he was proposing, because that meant that there would be a ring… Diamonds aren’t cheap either. I was thoroughly enjoying my trip down memory lane though and felt like such a lucky girl!!! My excitement was almost bursting over!

            The next card said: “Going out for treats is always fun with U! stopping by Jamba Juice after a hot bike ride was one of our biggest laughs. I love how content and happy we are together even if all we are doing is coloring with markers together” “Simple and close is the next one. It’s where we like to walk, it’s where we like to ride, its where we like to talk and get wet on the side. See you soon! Having read the card I knew for sure the next stop was Nature park. We had talked there, walked there and rode there together, learning of each other and making precious memories. It was fun to reminisce for a minute.
            I had forgot what road to take to get to the park but eventually I made it. T
hey were having a cross country meet there, so there were a TON of people there. I pulled in and looked around for something, after a few minutes I saw it, a present under a pavilion where we were right before Izac put me in the sprinkler and we wrestled in the water. I ran over and hanging out the top of a wrapped box was the hint that said “ “Hint! kiss," “the first time” on GPS.” I knew that next stop was going to be Mesa falls and believe it or not the excitement and smiles on my face just kept getting bigger (our first kiss was shared at mesa falls on Izac’s 22 birthday). On the gift was a paper taped to it that said: “If this is not yours do not touch it!” It made me smile and I was glad that everyone had left it there. There were a few people there at the spot for the cross country meet. They just watched me, and my giddy girl self open the box. I opened  it and it was a pair of warm Hollister sweats! They were so cute, pink with white Hollister wording down the side. While I was excited to get them I was anxious to get to my next destination! 

            The next card with my name on it said: “one of my favorite spots and one of my favorite memories. Spontaniniouness is a great fuel in our relationship. After we did this we were wet and cold. We went back home and snuggled up in sweats to get warm, another one of my favorite things to do with you!!” “The next one is long, the next one is far, you will need your GPS and your car. Be careful! And I will see you soon!!”  I was SO EXCITED!!!! In my mind I had figured that it was either going to happen at Mesa falls or the new beginning spot that was saved in my GPS. Mesa falls was about 60 miles away. I got on the road and headed north with the biggest smile on my face. Wondering if this was really happening to me. A ways into my drive I lost my radio signal so I decided to listen to brother bear in my CD player. I played the song “I’m on my way” like 3-4 times (I still love that song and it reminds me of this day!). It seemed to fit pretty well and it was uplifting and made me even more excited and happy. I didn’t really try to keep the speed limit this time either. As a matter of fact I probably averaged like 80-90 mph the whole way there... I was an excited girl and figured there wouldn’t be many cops clear out in the country. It was a beautiful day. Somewhat overcast but nonetheless beautiful. The leafs were turning color and the curvy road to mesa was GORGEOUS, it really made my already AMAZING day even better! 




If you are just tuning in and want to read more of our love story here is the where you click ------------   

Also I went to a 'Limitless' Seminar and I am SO excited to share with you what I have learned and been incorporating in my life, that will be coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment