Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Embarrassed!

This is more of 'Our Love Story', all my writings on 'Our Love Story'  are at a link at the end. Thanks for reading! 

It was strange that I checked my middle console for my GPS. I had bought the GPS to use for when I was a nanny in California and every so often I still used it. It usually just sat there until I dusted it off to point me in the right way I needed to go. So when I lifted the lid and it wasn't there, I knew that someone had taken it. No money or anything else was gone, just my GPS. I thought that was really weird, if someone really wanted to steal from me they would have taken my money too. I didn't know what to do about it, but I knew I wanted the GPS back. My mom suggested I call the police and report it missing. Izac said that he thought someone may turn it up and to wait for a bit. I was tempted to call the police but for some reason I never did. I decided to wait a little to see if the culprit would confess...

It was the month of October and Izac's family was really in to Halloween from what I had been told. My family was kind of the opposite. Halloween wasn't a holiday that we did stuff for other than the basic trick-or-treating. The fact that my family wasn't into Halloween didn't bother me at all. I didn't like scary things or scary movies anyways so it was nice to not have to feel like I should be involved with scary things.

Izac's family had made arrangements to go to Dr. Slaughters (which is a local haunted house), when I found out this piece of news, the tensions automatically started to build. I really, Really, REALLY, did not want to go. Those tensions of what could happen or be there built and built. I made it very clear to Izac that I did not like scary things and that I really would rather wait in the car until everyone finished. I really didn't know if I could handle it. By this time I has worked myself up so much that a small poke would have made me explode. My nerves seemed to make the anticipation and everything scary seem so much worse. I needed to just relax but was to worked up to do so. 

I made it through all the dancers at first, it was creepy but not too bad and Izac was right there holding me. I was trying so hard to put my brave face on. We were with his WHOLE family, even his sister and brother-in-law who we didn't see very often. My brave face lasted for maybe five minutes into the haunted house and then it just released. I started bawling. Yes... a 20 year old girl was bawling in a haunted house that really wasn't even supposed to be that scary. To say that I was embarrassed was an understatement. I was such a dark shade of red on my face that I was sure I was glowing that hue. It seemed certain in my mind that Izac was going to think of me as a pansy and want to find someone with more of a spine. This thought made me feel even worse about crying like a little child. I'm positive there were like eight year olds going through and not crying and here I was...

 I hated that haunted house and vowed to never go back again. After it finally got over, Izac kept reassuring me that it was alright that I hated that kind of stuff, that he would still keep me. I seemed doubtful but his eyes seemed to tell a truth that he wanted me regardless of my elevated dislike of scary things. (on a side note: I have not been back to a haunted house or maze since and never plan on going again. Now that we have kids I have pledged myself as baby sitter every year when they go to their haunted house.)

Once I was finally able to over come my traumatic experience at the haunted house and had been verified many times that Izac still loved me and wanted me, our dating and courtship continued. Izac and I began to develop habits that would uplift both of us. Every Sunday we made it a goal to read a General Conference talk; for some reason we always managed to find ones that talked quite a bit about marriage. We also started scrap booking together. Believe it or not, Izac, used to scrap book quite a bit with me. He said that he enjoyed preserving the memories we had made and that it was important for us to not spend much idle time together. (On another more extensive side note: We still have the scrap book and I cherish it, as Izac doesn't have much time (and possibly desire ;-) ) to scrapbook any more. (On a further side note: if you come over and ask to see our scrap book, we love to share our beginning with anyone asking. Just be sure you don't want to do much talking because Izac and I could talk forever about our dating and courtship :) )

Another hobby or habit that we picked up was country dancing. I had always thought country line dancing was fun, I wanted to learn it better and Izac was interested also so we started going every week. We jokingly tossed the idea around of learning a few dances for our wedding (we were seriously talking wedding at this point in time if you are behind). After moving from the beginner class to the intermediate class we knew that we wanted to have some dancing at our wedding. We were finding dances, songs, and moves that we did well together and it was a fantastic way to spend quality time. There is nothing quite like looking in to loving eyes as you are twirled and dipped all around the dance floor. It was very easy to forget that there were other people were there. Izac and I would dance in the clouds in attractive bliss.

Everything he said and did made me love him more and more. At some moments it really felt too good to be true. He was my 'Prince Charming' in every way, shape, form and aspect. He had a great deal of respect for me as a person, he had worthy goals and desires, he was a worthy priesthood holder, he not only served a mission but learned and grew from his experiences, he was debt free, he was honest, chaste, a willing and hard worker, but also knew how to play hard, have fun and enjoy time. He made me want to become and be my best self. 

They say that fairy tales don't happen. That you really can't have that kind of love. That it doesn't exist. But I am here to tell you that it does! It probably is not that way for everyone from what I hear and read but 'Fairy Tale Love' does exist. Yes, my Izac is human and makes mistakes but he is so very perfect for me!






HERE  <-  is where you read more about Izac's and I's beginning adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment