Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sand Dunes

This is a continuation of Our Love Story. I know it has been EONS of time since I last posted a continuation so at the bottom I posted a link where you can read the other ones. I may even re-post them in order. We shall see. Until next time, enjoy: :) 

I had been to the sand dunes before, but every prior experience paled in comparison to the time that Izac took me. When I had been before I always rode with someone, this time I was to navigate using my own clutch four wheeler. I was fine with clutch in a car, my first car had been a clutch, but I wasn't to sure about a clutch four wheeler. Izac had been doing that kind of stuff for years and years and was very patient in working with my amateur self and teaching me how to do it.


I was no where near as brave or crazy as Izac but still had a good time doing circles and climbs that I was comfortable with. Miraculously enough I really didn't stall it that often either. About sun set we parked our four wheelers and sat down for a minute, airing our feet and feeling the sand between our toes. Soon, some sand was kicked my way accompanied with a boyish smirk. Game on, rattled in my head, and I quickly grabbed his waist before he could run away and he fell down bringing us both to the sand. Sand was thrown everywhere as we played around, it was packed in our clothes and shoes but the fun time and memory was irreplaceable. My heart rate increased from the physical activity and having Izac so near. He tends to cause heart throbs for me.

It started to get pretty dark so eventually we decided we had better head back. After a short time all the sand dunes started to look the same and I was beginning to think that we were lost. All the thoughts of what it would be like to be lost in the sand dunes started running through my head, and let me tell you they weren't pleasant thoughts. Some of the thoughts were as follows: what if a scorpion bit me and the venom froze my whole body in place and I was to never marry? What if a horrific wind storm randomly came through and I was sand blasted to a dry animal corpse? what if red ants decided I was a delectable dinner and ate so much that no one could identify who I was? What if a mountain lion thrashed Izac to pieces as he valiantly fought with all he had and saved my life? Those were just a few of the thoughts that coursed through my brain in a short amount of time. While it had been warm while the sun was out it was starting to get cold (what if I froze to death?) as it dipped lower and lower into the sky. It seemed my fear was accelerating as fast at the temperature drop.
 

I kept going, internally praying that we would make it back safe and not have to spend a night with no food or water lost on the sand dunes. After what seemed like twice (or more!) as long as it took to get to where we were, we pulled into the parking lot. The relief was palpable as I knew that we were going to make it.

Izac took me in his arms and asked if I had been nervous. If my shaky limbs didn't give it away my shaky voice did. I timidly said that I might have been praying that we would get back safe and not have to spend a night on the sand dunes. He looked a little incredulous making me feel like a silly child, he then genuinely smiled and continued to reassure me that he knew the dunes like the back of his hand, because he had been there so much. I sheepishly grinned and he kissed me on the forehead. 





If you want to read more click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment