Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Journaling

Journaling. 

        I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I have began to realize how important it is to record the little moments that really aren't going to always be there, like the ones with my children. They are growing ever so fast and I want to remember all the little special moments.
        This has meant that I have had to change the way I journal. I used to hand write everything. I love the authenticity of my own handwriting, and still do, but it became too time consuming and impractical when I can type three to four times faster...
        I have been typing my journal entries for a little while now and just got a bunch printed off. I initial every page and sign at the bottom of the finished ones to still leave a trace of authenticity. It saves me SO much time to type and I am able to record more and in better detail.  Here is a small entry from recently: 
   We had started playing a game of 3-14 with my parents, Ryker was sitting outside in a patio chair watching Macady try and shoot pesky birds. The last round was played and I had the lowest score. I had won! I looked out the open window, bending over slightly to see Ryker and I said: Guess what Ryke? I won! He looked at me smiled and smirked before he said ‘You one...? I two! haha!' (yes he literally did the haha) It was so funny, we all started giggling at his practical way of thinking! 
      I would encourage you to try doing a little bit of journaling this week. It doesn't have to be typed or written. You could do a voice recording, a video of yourself,  or scrap booking.
     Through personal record keeping you can learn from your trials and enjoy reading the times of thrill and fun, think of what your posterity could learn from you too. It has been so much fun for me to be able to read back and recall details I had forgotten of the day that Izac proposed, which will be coming soon in the next blog on 'Our Love Story'.  :) 
 Printed and put in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment