Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

Engaged!

                
This is basically straight from my journal, five years ago and is a continued post on how Izac proposed to me! The post that goes before this is called: A More Excited Girl I hope you enjoy! 

               I pulled on to the road that took me down to mesa falls and my GPS said that my destination was on the right but there was nothing on the right but a bunch of trees. I was somewhat confused because the when the GPS took me to R mountain (the spot of our first date) it led me right up the hill to the direct spot. I looked around for something in the trees and didn’t see anything right off. I decided to go park my car and then go from there. I looked for Izac’s bronco or another of their family’s car and didn’t see anything. I was guessing Izac was going to be at the next spot. I was going to walk over to the trees and look but then I got to thinking… I thought: “He wouldn’t lead me back here, we never did anything back there.” And my gut was telling me just to go look down at the falls and then if nothing was there I could come back and look. I jogged to the deck that was on the side of the mountain and over looked the falls and then fast walked. I was looking everywhere for something. Finally, I saw a card on a bench at the bottom, on the deck, were a few months ago we had shared our first kiss. I ran down there… fast. There weren’t many people around. I didn’t pay a ton of attention ( I had other things on my mind  but I think that I was the only person down there) the card with my name on it was taped to the bench. I opened it up and on the outside of the card it said “Take a seat” I sat down, card in hand, and opened it up.  “My favorite memory by far! Words can’t describe how I felt the first time we were here Probably very similar to how we both feel at this moment. (My heart was beating so fast and my knees were shaking) You are a wonderfully amazing woman Joslyn! I love everything about you!!!” “Nothing would make me happier than to be your man Forever! Take your time, look at the forest, look at the waterfall and I will be with you soon!!! ;) " 


(Sneaky Izac was on the upper deck taking pictures of me :) )

               I was shaking good. I decided to stand up and walk to the rail and look at the beautiful earth that God gave us to live on.


 Part of me was a little bit confused. I didn’t see any of Izac's families' vehicles and there wasn’t a hint to go to the next place. I finally figured that maybe he was here. I stood for a while, and so many thoughts ran through my head. ‘I really think this is real.’ ‘I really think this is real and I am REALLY excited!’ ‘I can’t think of anything better than spending forever with my man, Izac hillam.’ I thought of how much I had grown to care for him since we started dating, since our first kiss and everything in the middle. Everything had gone so smoothly that it at times almost felt too good to be true. 

          After a time I turned around to look up the mountain and there he was. My true prize! My prince! Words can’t even describe what I felt as I saw him standing there. I couldn’t hold back any longer. On the verge of tears I sprinted up the deck and brought him close and smothered him in kisses… poor guy probably couldn’t breathe but I was SO glad to see him!! We told each other we loved each other and then went back down to where just moments before I had been standing.  He pulled me close and we held each other in a tight embrace. I felt something in his pocket that felt like a ring box… WOW this really was happening!! After hugging and kissing some more he told me he loved me and that he wanted to spend forever with me....

           He then knelt down and said: “Joslyn.. Will you Marry Me?”  

           My heart jumped, I didn’t even let him stand up. With tears in my eyes I said: “Yes!” and started kissing him all over again. He finally was able to stand up and we kissed and hugged again. After hugging he took the ring out and slid it onto my hand. It was BEAUTIFUL!!!  A single round diamond with a band, simple but very elegant. The diamond is BIG and so clear and sparkly, I LOVE IT. He chose it out all by himself and he did a WONDERFUL job. I really don’t think I could have done better.


            Truly Amazing. 

          His love was evident all around me and now I was promised to be his. He slid it on my hand. It was just a smidgen big but still fit pretty good. I was so happy!! Although I love my ring, it’s not the ring that I was happiest about. I was happiest about getting to spend forever with the most wonderful man ever!!! He was mine, I was his, and we were promised to each other and that was the best feeling in the whole world!! 

         I think that there was a family there… We hugged again and I hollered out : “I’M ENGAGED!”  I was the happiest girl on the planet earth!!! They kind of laughed congratulated us and then left. Izac and I stood there holding each other close, the two happiest people on the earth. Some biker guys came down and we had them take our pictures.


            We talked about the daily adventures for a while before heading back up, hand in hand grinning from ear to ear. We talked at my car about the memory lane treasure hunt. Then I got a little confused. I didn’t know where is bronco was. He showed me how to shoot the air soft gun and then we both got in my car and drove to his bronco, which was in another parking lot that I didn’t know about. He put a TON of planning and thought into the whole excursion and it was better than I ever could have imagined!! I don’t think I even would have thought up something that amazing! I am the Luckiest girl Ever!  I would just grin and hug him and vice versa. He told me that the day wasn’t over yet. I was just happy to be with him.
           
          We drove down to go to the train tunnel that he had told me about a while ago. Once we got to the parking lot he got the bikes out, put the front tires on (he had to take the front tires off to get two to fit in the back of the Bronco) and we headed on our way. It was a beautiful day, no wind, and just a bit chilly. I took Izac’s jacket and we rode to the tunnel. 



           It wasn’t a long ride up there. It is a pretty cool and legit train tunnel! It was closed off in the middle though because it was caving in. We went to the other side and kissed, took some pictures and then climbed on top. We probably spend 15 or so minutes there, smiling, hugging, and talking. After some time we headed down the trail and went all the way down on a trail that followed a river. It was a beautiful trail and we were able to ride side by side and talk with each other because it was wide enough for two! So fun and surreal.



          It was around three and Izac and I were both hungry so we decided to go to Big Judd’s. On the way to Big Judds I called my dad and told him. He was pretty happy about it, and I also called my mom and she was excited too. I told the waitress at Big Judds that we had just got engaged and she congratulated us. We actually ran in to some people that Izac knew and I guess they had seen us at mesa falls. It was kind of funny.  Macady stared texting me and they all wanted to see my beautiful ring but it didn’t look good on my picture on the phone so I made them wait till we got back.

           As we ate our Big Judd we talked and I found out more of the story. Izac had met with my parents like a week or so ago, he said he asked them if he could marry me and my dad was really emotional. It was cute the way Izac told me! I love my dad so much!! What a great guy! 
(My dad and I! PS Dad, I like your beard trimmed shorter like in this picture! :) )

           I also found out that a part we had delivered to Rexburg really wasn’t a part, it was Izac’s payment for my ring. Lol and I was right there with him! Things started to fall into place the more we talked. Izac had one of my siblings take my GPS. It was just funny to find out all of these things after, and the building of the proposal in some respect was happening right in front of me. Lol. I love Izac!! Izac had also only gotten one hour of sleep last night so by the time we finished eating he was pretty worn out. I was worried if he was going to make it to my house ok. (We were still in separate cars (the reason that we needed to head back was for my close friend's wedding reception)) Izac had a pair of walkie-talkies so we each took one and talked with each other on the way back. It was kind of fun, and it kept him awake. I care so much for him! I was still grinning as we drove the rest of the way to my house.

            When we got to my house everyone was anxious to hear the story and see my ring, Tasha had even made her date and friends wait so she could see my ring.


(Yes, I have fat fingers!)
 I was SO excited and so happy to share our wonderful story with my family. I let Izac lay down for a bit because he hadn't got much sleep and I started calling all my extended family and sharing the good news with them. They were all pretty happy and excited for me! 

           At about 6:30pm we headed over to my friend's reception. My parents had left earlier and I guess they had told my friend that I was engaged. She ran to me when we got there and gave me a great big hug. I was still smiling big. 

(At my friend's reception)
This caused commotion and a lot of people asked, the whole ward/ community pretty much found out at her reception that I was engaged!  It was enjoyable telling them and having Izac there with me. I was such a happy girl! And I was wearing my true love’s ring! We ate and talked and stayed like the whole reception. Telling anyone who wanted to listen what a wonderful day I had had and how I was engaged to prince charming! 

         I was the happiest girl in the whole entire world!! Izac did so much for me today and put a lot of work into it! I am engaged to the most AMAZING guy in the world and I love him and look forward very much to spending forever with him. I really couldn’t be happier!! 

(All the things Izac gave me with the cards! So thoughtful!)





If you want to read previous posts of 'Our Love Story' Click ~HERE~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment