Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Was it going to happen?

A continuation of 'Sweet Understanding'

Wednesday we were going to try and get some of our ever-building-pile-of-homework done. I guess you could say that we tried... But we weren't very successful, we ended up talking and playing in the library together. I just loved being with him. He was becoming the center of my life, and I was okay with putting my homework aside in order to spend more time with him (this was somewhat an unusual phenomenon because I tried really hard to be a straight A; good-grades student). Putting off homework doesn't get straight A's very often, but nonetheless we were building a relationship. We were building it on getting to know each other; our likes and our dislikes, our passions and pains. The attraction we had for each other was a strong blazing fire-and it went two ways (me to him and him to me). That attraction and fire made our dating experience that much more wonderful.


Us playing around at the library (sorry about the low resolution... this picture was taken on an ancient cell phone).

We kept on country dancing (it was every Wednesday). We always went to the instruction together and then danced a few dances. We were always the cutest couple on the dance floor and I loved the way he would spin me and make me feel like a princess. I know this is bad. . . But I really liked that others seemed to be envious of the light in our eyes and jig in our step. When we were dancing we were completely focused on each other and those around us could see each week that we were falling in love. It was beginning to be a really fun weekly tradition for us to get out and off the couch :) .  

Thursday Izac wanted to take me to dinner with him because I was going to Utah for the weekend with my family. He took me to a place in Rexburg, Idaho called the Pineapple Grill (a Hawaiian style grill). Izac talked me into getting sushi... A normal Idaho girl doesn't usually get sushi but it was actually pretty good. We sat next to each other on one side of the bench and talked throughout dinner. He shared some of his experiences as an LDS missionary in the Philippines and I relished every moment when we were sitting close.

Izac was supposed to attend a play for school and take notes on it. Our plan was to attend the play after we went to dinner. The Pineapple Grill was a little bit slow on service and we ended up being five minutes late. They would not let us in for anything. I felt really bad. He had bought the tickets and because we were a little late he would be able to get the assignment done. I thought that he was going to have to take a zero on it because of me, but they ended up letting him re-schedule it. 

All of the sudden we had a lot of time and we decided to go for a walk around campus. We went to the piano building and I showed off for him a little bit that I knew how to play the piano. I don't know if he was really impressed or not but I felt good that I could finally do something that he couldn't :). 

Our walk, next carried us to the indoor and outdoor gardens. Brigham Young University-Idaho has some beautiful gardens! The indoor tropics are breath taking while the outdoor terrain was refreshing. We held hands and did what we were best at. Talking. And sharing our hopes and dreams with each other :). 

At the time I worked at a place that had a swimming pool. My boss would let us go swim when ever we wanted as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. Izac and I decided to take advantage of my privilege there and go swim. We played around and swam, just the two of us, enjoying the water. After a time of playing around he started playing with my hair and held me somewhat close. Talk about an intense internal upheaval. 

We were just in swimming suits (half naked in a sense).

We were extremely attracted to each other (utterly attracted). 

And he was holding me pretty close (my heart was going to jump right out of my chest and dive into the pool) . . .

In a way I was panicking inside. We were half naked and I didn't want anything bad to happen. In other words, I really did not want our first kiss together to be half naked in a swimming pool. 

We stood close savoring our closeness but not acting on any impulses. Soon we decided to get in the hot tub one more time before we left. 

In the hot tub, he pulled me close so we were each kneeling on the hot tub floor and hugging. He whispered quietly in my ear asking me if I thought we knew each other pretty well... My insides were getting hot, spicy and nervous. 

I replied that I thought we did know each other pretty well. . . (We had seen each other every single day (Besides during Ryker and Emma's funerals) since we starting dating a couple weeks ago, some days we had seen each other multiple times). His face came closer to mine and I could feel his warm whisper on my flushed cheeks . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment