Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Big Disappointment

A continuation of 'That Play-Mill Diva'

The girl who had kissed my man on the cheek only appeared in the first two acts of the play to never return. I don't know if she felt my envy vibes and left, or if that is all she was supposed to act. Either way I was more than fine with her disappearance. 

The play its self ended up being great. They were humorous, witty and very good at what they did through acting out the story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend to anyone to go to 'The Playmill Theater' in West Yellowstone, it is worth it!- (unless of course you have a new boyfriend,           and its his birthday,          and you don't want a girl stranger to kiss him on the cheek...).

Once back at the cabin, Izac and I settled into a hammock while dinner was being made. We were laying nigh side by side. Everything about the moment was so beautiful. The mountain air was utterly refreshing, the strong scent of pine tickling our noses. The bright sun warming the air that we breathed. The wonderful man lying next to me that was intoxicating my senses.

I was next to Izac.

I was one happy girl.

For a moment we enjoyed the beautiful nature that surrounded us. The birds chirping happy songs in the trees, the insects crawling slowly about in the grass, and the scent of wild flowers amid the pine; it was picture perfect. Izac began softly talking to me. He told me that he really wanted to make things work between us. He really wanted us to continue and have a future together. I was pretty sure that he meant that he wanted marriage between us to be in the future and I was very elated at the prospect.
I was next to Izac.

I was one very happy girl.

Soon we were called in to eat of the birthday dinner. We left our hammock and our dreams of the future together; they were ours and we weren't ready to share them with anyone.

After some excellent BBQ chicken and pineapple we played Frisbee with the family. It was a picture perfect American moment just thoroughly enjoying life with family and friends. Before long, Izac and I knew that we needed to head back in order to make it in time for curfew.

We were going to take the Mesa Falls scenic loop in order to get back to our apartments. Mesa Falls is a beautiful waterfall that has man made decks that somewhat overhang the Falls, allowing you to feel the majesty of the falling water. Izac's dad mentioned in passing that we just needed to get straight back to our apartments  (I think he was inferring that we shouldn't take any unnecessary detours)...

Making our way back home alone together, we briefly considered taking his dad's advise to make a V line to the apartments but last minute Izac turned on the road that would lead us by Mesa Falls. Throughout the day I felt that this might be the day for that 'special' moment between us. It was his birthday and I wanted to give him more than just the monetary things I had gotten him. I wanted to give him a 'special present' that would be special for me also. I gathered from Izac during the day that he had been thinking about something 'special' happening also. He didn't say it out loud but it was a mutual feeling that hung in the air. Mesa Falls could be the perfect place to share that 'special present.'

 Hand in hand we were cruising down the car-less road; and before long we came to the actual turn off that would take us down to the Falls. My heart rate was already increasing at the possible potentials if we stopped. . . I wanted to stop, but I also knew that we didn't have much time to spare. I could sense that Izac wanted to stop also. The disappointment was so thick you could cut it as we drove past the turn off. . .  




I got the picture at: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Meadow_in_Island_Park,_Idaho.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment