Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

'Hot Dog' Style

A continuation of 'Sprinklers'

I had told my mom my tragic dilemma of not being able to find the type of books that I wanted to get Izac. She was in Ashton that Friday for some meetings and called to tell me that she had found me some books there! I was so relieved and delighted that my mom had finally found what I was looking for. The day before his birthday no less...But hey, I had him something. I supplemented the books with some glitter, a picture of us in a frame, and a hand written letter. I was now prepared and somewhat excited to give him my gift.
Yellowstone was not to far away from where we lived

The same Friday, Izac picked me up and we tried to go to a wedding reception for one of his friends. It ended up that we got told the wrong day, so instead, he took me to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our trend for going to restaurants was that he would always sit next to me; it made me feel special that he wanted me to be that much closer to him. 

After dinner we went to his parents house.  His parents were up in Island Park at a family cabin and they wanted Izac to grab some inner-tubes to take up to them. He had invited me to spend his birthday (which was the next day) with him and his family up in Island Park. 

The house was empty, no one was there. It was a calm, clear night outside and we decided to lay on the tramp. In our spontaneity we determined to wrap together 'hot dog' style in one of his blankets. It was cozy and we were pretty close. I didn't pay much heed to the dimly star lit sky. My thoughts and heart rate were soaring with my love and his nearness. 

He huskily whispered in my ear asking if I had ever been that close before. It wrenched my heart into two pieces to have to give an honest reply of yes. My mistakes were haunting me once again... It was a needed conversation but brought strong feeling of past regret for me. We shared an appropriate conversation and we mutually decided that we weren't going to lay directly on each other. That rule and others that we set along the way helped our relationship to remain chaste and pure. I was and am so grateful that Izac was willing to do those things for me. I had a keeper and didn't want to loose him. 

We had talked about letting each other go to bed early in preparation for the big birthday celebration the next day but we ended up getting back to our apartments at curfew. Following that night I wrote this in my journal: 'He is so understanding! I have never met or been with someone like him. He is AMAZING! Absolutely amazing! Just thinking about him brings a smile to my face. He is fun, spontaneous, smart, caring, spiritual, sweet and just a great guy. I feel so lucky!'

No comments:

Post a Comment