Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sprinklers

A continuation of 'The Fourth of July'

My heart was racing with his closeness...


His nose reached mine and we gave each other an 'Eskimo kiss' rubbing our noses together. He then pulled back to warmly smile and pull me into a pleasant embrace. I was one happy girl and slept peacefully that night dreaming of my Izac. 

We saw each other Tuesday but unfortunately had to spend most of our time together doing homework. 

That Wednesday we continued our tradition of country dancing. We were starting to get a little better, making it more enjoyable to prance around the floor together showing off our moves. After a few songs and circles around the floor we got hot and decided to go outside to cool off. Its no surprise that we ended up talking. Conversation came really easy for us. I wrote the following after spending the night dancing with him: "I really can't express how much I have grown to really care for Izac. Every time we spend together is amazing and a lot of fun!

Izac's birthday was that coming up Saturday, Wednesday had just passed and I hadn't gotten him anything yet. I was having a real tough time figuring out what to get him. 

I wanted it to be meaningful. 

I wanted him to see that I had spent some time considering it. 

I wanted it to be special but not cost too much money (I was a poor college student). 

Finally, after much deliberation, I decided to get him a hiking/ mountain biking book of trails in East Idaho. It was something that we both enjoyed and could do together.

That is what I was going to go for, and the hunt began.  It turned out to be a real hunt that Thursday because I could not find one anywhere!! I went to Broulims (a local supermarket), Idaho Drug (another local store), Abbotts (yet another local store), Walmart, and K-mart. I spent a lot of time running around to find this special present all to no avail. 

Later, when I had got back from my fruitless run-around, Izac and I met up and decided to go on another bike ride. It had been raining on and off throughout the day and that evening was no different. 

We rode side by side to a park called 'Nature Park.' We got a mite wet from rain drops on the way there. We parked ourselves and our bikes in the shelter for a bit and just talked. No one was at the park due to the unfavorable weather, it was the two of us and the weather. 

The sprinklers across the way from where we were sitting were spritzing the grass, feeding it a double helping with the rain. Seeming how we were already wet, we decided to go play in the water. We both bent down to remove our shoes. Once I had mine off, I sat there quietly waiting for Izac to finish getting his off. I breathed in the fresh air from the cleansing rain. The smell of the outdoors after a good rain is one of my favorite smells. It was peaceful at the park sitting there by a boy who was quickly becoming my best friend. 



Soon, however, all peace was gone. Izac picked me up and carried me directly for the sprinkler. I was helpless and squealed in enjoyment the whole way there. He got me real wet, like drenched wet; I tried to fight back, but I wasn't very successful. I did manage to get a couple of drops of water on him which made me feel good.  

It was spontaneous. 

It was random. 

And it was fun. 

By the end of our struggle to get each other more wet, we were totally soaked. We laid side by side on the grass and just let the sprinklers go their course, watering us along with the grass. We enjoyed the peace of the moment relishing the memory that we had just created together. 

It began to get cold as the evening wore on, and we decided that we had better head back before it got too cold. We still had to ride our bikes to our apartments which was a couple of miles away. 

The ride back was rather frigid. My hair was wet and my clothes were wet. The cool night air that rushed by me as I rode formed small goose bumps on my skin. We parted to shower at our own apartments and each of us put some sweats on. He came back to my apartment and we cuddled up with each other, slowly warming up in each other's arms.  




I got the pictures from:
http://4hdwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Spring-Green-Grass-Close-Up-Under-Rain.jpg and http://www.homedepot.com/hdus/en_US//DTCCOM/HomePage/How_To/Buying_Guides/Outdoors/HT_BG_OD_Sprinklers/Body/Images/HT_BG_OD_SS_Body_Img-Sprinklers.jpg
  

No comments:

Post a Comment