Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

That Play-Mill Diva

A continuation of ''Hot Dog' Style'

To preface this entry I just wanted to say that I wrote 8.5 pages in my journal about this day... If you didn't keep a journal of your dating keep one now :) It is fun to reminisce of memories. 

Saturday had come and Izac and I had a really big day planned to celebrate it. It began at my apartment at the bright and early time of 7:15 AM. My day began before that because I of course had to look my best for him for his birthday and to meet his extended family. 

It was a big deal, and I had to look nice. 

I had decided to make him German Pancakes. He had told me that those air-filled fluffy pancakes were one of his favorite breakfast meals. It would have gone just great if I had made them at least once in the past year. 

But I hadn't. 

They ended up being a full inch thick of pancake-egg-morning-delight. The thickness discouraged the plou-ffy bubbles to appear which was characteristic of these pancakes. Luckily for me they didn't taste terrible, they were just a little on the hunky side. 
 Birthday Boy :)
Us having his birthday breakfast!

Our new adventure heading to Island Park started (Island Park is about an hour drive from where we were living in Rexburg). Izac had it planned. He wanted to take a scenic route through Black Canyon on the way there and a scenic route through Mesa Falls on the way back. 

It was on the agenda to take our time leisurely getting to our final destination; enjoying each other and the great outdoors on the way.

We, of course, took Izacs Bronco and I sat next to him in the middle making the drive that much more pleasant with his close proximity. After reaching the mountains we found patches of snow on the side of the road. It was just to tempting to pass up, so we stopped and threw snowballs at each other in July. (Yes, I have thrown a snowball in July :) ). We enjoyed the nice weather for a brief moment before resuming our journey. 

 Snow and Snowballs in July! 

Me and the sexy Bronco :) 

The next stop that we decide to make was at Big Springs. Big Springs is famous for its fish and ducks and is a tourist attraction. We couldn't have asked for a better day weather wise. The sun was glimmering on the water, making our eyes squint with the reflection, the trees were standing still with no wind to sway them from side to side, the sky was a clear baby blue with only a few cirrus clouds hinting here and there. Holding his hand and walking side by side was exhilarating and wonderful; completely refreshing.  We were happy to be with each other and the twinkle was in each of our eyes as we settled in to each ponder some of God's great creations. (You probably think I was thinking about the serene lake, or the swimming fish and duck, or even the trees and mountains; but my mind was on my Izac, one of Gods best creations in my opinion. :) ). 
Us at Big Springs.

Holding hands and staying close we decided to tour Johnny Sack's cabin. It was across the stream and a short enjoyable hike to get there. Johnny Sack was supposedly either really short or a midget and everything in the cabin was scaled as such. It is a really nice cabin for how old it is. The past American heritage and pioneers on the untamed frontier fascinates me. 

After our brief tour of the Sack cabin we headed to Izac's grandparents cabin. At this time I met more of his extended family. After the introductions and some visiting we went out in the field yonder from the cabin to shoot some skeet. 

If you remember from my first experience of shooting with Izac it didn't go so well...

I missed everything.

I was rather fearful that the same thing would plague me and I wouldn't be as impressive for his family. I wanted to impress his family, somehow make them think that I might be a smidgen deserving of their son. 

The first shot. 

Pull. 

I missed. 

The second shot.

Pull. 

By some sort of grace, I nicked it! The overwhelming celebration I threw myself for hitting the flying thing began. Any impressive characteristic I was hoping for was completely demolished in my celebration of hitting the flying orange clay. But hey, I had hit it. 

Izac had a pretty good shot record and I was proud of him. I always took a liking to a man who knew how and could shoot a gun. It is manly, masculine, macho and American. 
Don't we look good shooting that shotgun :)
Picking up the missed clays.

In West Yellowstone there is a play-mill called The Playmill Theater. The afternoon was planned to attend this play with everyone. The play that was currently there was 'Joseph and the Technicolor Dream-Coat'. I was thrilled to attend because I had heard a lot about how good they were but I had never been to one. 

The theater was a quaint little place that had a personal cozy feel to it. It wasn't very big which allow the play members to be more intimate, in a sense, with the audience. They started the program by singing a 'special' birthday song to all the birthday people. My date's birthday was that day so he proceeded to the stage for this 'special' song. A play cast member stood by each birthday celebrator and they were of the opposite sex. So thus a girl was next to Izac singing him this 'special' song. 

It was 'special' alright because at the end of the song the play cast members kissed 'their' birthday person on the cheek. My cheeks flamed a flushed red in envy while Izac's flamed bright red in embarrassment. I hadn't even kissed him on the cheek yet and here this cute, skinny, girly stranger was kissing my boy on the cheek. I wasn't very happy about it and even recorded the following line in my journal; 'I did not like that!'

I tried hard to avoid drama, especially unnecessary drama so I didn't say anything about it or my dislike of it the whole time. He really didn't have a choice in the matter. I was more envious of the girl. 

I made sure that we held hands the rest of the play. In my mind I just knew that Izac was probably thinking about his most recent encounter with a female and I just knew he was probably looking for her. I kept my eye out for her myself, noting if she was trying to pay special attention to my man. 

I liked him. 

I liked him a lot.

I didn't want to lose him. 

I really didn't want the girl in the play to sweep him away from me... 


No comments:

Post a Comment