Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Just Fishin'

A continuation of 'Kitchen Messes'

The night before Izac and had I enjoyed Country Dancing and corn chowder with glass in it. Thursday my sister and I headed over to Emmett with one of my Aunt's for Ryker and Emma's funeral. 

When we got there Ryker's mom came out and gave me a long hug and we both started crying. Ryker had been close to my age. She told me that there were a lot of pictures of he and I together; even one of us in the bathtub :). It was a real tender moment thinking about our loss together.
 Ryker and I when we were little.



After having some dinner we all congregated outside and started talking about Ryker and Emma. Ryker's mom told us about the night they left. They had been staying at her house, at the time, and she had asked Emma if she wanted to stay home with her but little Emma was so excited to go with Ryker; there would have been no stopping her. 

My cousin loved his daughter. She was his whole world. She went everywhere with him. She loved him. And he loved her. While it is such a misfortune of them dying so young, in my opinion, there was no better way for them to go, than to go together. I can just imagine the two of them playing in heaven together. . . (make sure you wear your life jackets on the water... and that your kids do too...)

There were so many emotions at the house that night. Uncles who you  had never seen cry were crying. Hearts were hurting missing them both. All we had left of them were memories and we each were clinging to them and each other. It was a time of agony and hardship for me. 

On the long drive over to Emmett I wrote a poem for my Aunt. I sneakily put it on her bed while everyone was outside for her to find and read later. I have debated on whether or not I was going to share it because it is special to me but I think I will.

Oh how he loved that little girl,
She was his love, his little pearl.

He lived his life on the edge, 
His family was his love and pledge.

He didn't want to be separated from his mom, 
They were close with that special bond.  

Father and daughter on the river just fishin', 
Accidents happen and now we are missin'.

From this mortal life to a better place they've gone, 
Here on earth we have it tough to remain strong. 

Every time I hear this song I think of Ryker and little Emma. It came out close to the time that they passed away... Just writing and thinking about them brings tears to my eyes. I am sure they are 'Just Fishin' in heaven together!



No comments:

Post a Comment