Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Very Beginning of Us

A continuation of 'The Pre-Beginning of Us Continued Again :)'

Early on Sunday morning my uncle and my dad left to go to the other side of the state to be support for our family in need. They were going to bring helicopters and search dogs in to help locate my missing cousin.

I was living in Abby Lane apartments in Rexburg at the time and it being Sunday I decided to go to my ward there. It was a testimony meeting. I actually really wanted to get up but there were way too many people and each was taking what seemed like forever. One guy took 10 minutes telling about a girl he dated that he called Satan... It was not testimony material, and in all honesty I was pretty annoyed.

Towards the end of the meeting, a guy bore his testimony and included something about losing his father. With young death recently on my mind, I lost it and started bawling. I decided it would be best for me to just leave at that point. I was a blubbering fool and didn't want to draw attention to myself. On the way out a stranger caught my eye, looking as if he wanted to know what was wrong and why I was crying. I didn't think much of it and went to the school gardens to be alone and cry (which was something that I was getting really good at...).

Monday brought a new week of classes and homework. That kind of stuff doesn't really stop for a death in the family. Unfortunately... 

The sky had been sporadically crying on and off throughout the day. I decided that it wanted to cry with me (as I intermittently had done during the day) for my cousin and his young daughter.

Luckily, it was real nice for my 15 minute walk back to my apartment. My thoughts were still lingering with my cousin and his deceased daughter but at least I wasn't crying.  

Once I got to my apartment, the door was locked. This was the first unusual thing because usually during the day the door was unlocked. The second unusual thing was that I heard a lot  of voices inside. Normally if the door was locked, that meant no one was there. I was getting real curious as to what was going on as I retrieved my key to unlock the door. Finally, I got the door unlocked and walked in. A couple of my roommates were in there with Brad and his roommate Izac. Brad had been hanging around our apartment a lot lately and I knew that he was taking a liking to me from the way he treated me and acted around me. Everyone was sitting at the table. They were coloring... There was all sorts of coloring items spread about the table. 

I was somewhat confused, but decided to go with it. Izac, Brad's roommate, proceeded to tell me that the nice coloring set they were using was his tool kit that he kept in his Bronco. I played along with it teasing him for having such a nice tool kit. 

Before long he randomly put some sparkly-glue-stuff on my cheeks. I then put some on his face and he willingly  let me. I had fun decorating his face with the sparkles. It added to the spontaneous-ness of it all that he was tall, dark and handsome. I put my face close to his to make sure I was doing a good job, this caused my heart to beat a little faster ;) . At this time I found out that the tall, dark, and handsome stranger had never kissed a girl! This added big brownie points for him in my book!

Out of no where this stranger tackled me to the floor, pinned my arms down, and put the sparkles all over my face; including my eyelashes, cheeks and forehead. I put up a little bit of a fight but not much because this fun and laughter was a great release from the sadness that I had been feeling.  

Brad was feeling left out of the fun so I put some glue sparkles on his face but it wasn't quite the fun and exciting experience as with my handsome stranger called Izac.    

Somehow it ended up that handsome-never-kissed-a-girl-man was going to take me to my night class and then give me a ride home. I hurried and scrubbed the sticky sparkles off my face and headed out with him. 

While we were in the warm apartment and having a lively glitter fight it had rained outside. Handsome stranger's source of ride was a Ford Bronco and he had 'accidentally' left the passenger window open. The rain had soaked the passenger side of the seat through. Lucky for me, the Bronco had a bench seat. ;)

I teased him about 'purposely' leaving the window open so that I would have no other choice but to sit by him. Aside from my teasing, I was completely thrilled and having a joyous time with this stranger.

At the time, I was trying hard not to think about boys because they had just caused pain. What was I doing?

I have some pictures of this event :) Enjoy!!

 Me sparkling Handsome-Never-Kissed-a-Girl Man's face.

Me being tackled and sparkled on.

 More sparkles...

And More...

Me putting sparkles on Brad. 


The three of us.

Again. :)

 I have kept pretty good journals most of my life and I have pretty good record of the events of Us. It has been real fun for me to read about these experiences again and my thoughts at the time. I would encourage you to keep a journal. It is real fun to go back and read about old experiences (especially with the ones you love) and see how you have changed :) 

And... I added some pictures from my mom's race on my blog The Pre-Beginning of Us Continued again. You should check them out :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment