Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

The First Date With...

A continuation of 'The Beginning of Us, Later That Night'

That Friday Brad left town to go to a baby blessing for one of his relatives in Utah. I was relieved he was going because that meant everything dealing with him could be put on the back burner for a time. I knew that Brad wasn't my type. I felt bad that I had given him an impression that I liked him.

Ryker's body was still missing.  I was still clinging to hope that he was out there somewhere, still alive. Thoughts of my missing cousin still frequented my mind.

Friday afternoon, I was sitting at the library trying my hardest to stay away and concentrate on the anatomy and physiology that I was supposed to be studying when my phone started to ring. My heart rate quickened when I saw who it was...

Izac. 

I answered in the coolest nonchalant voice I that I could manage. He wanted to know if I wanted to go shooting with him. Inside I was freaking out: "YES! YES, I'll go shooting with you... YES! I'll follow you anywhere... YES!" but luckily for both of us, I just told him that that would be fun and that I was looking forward to it later that night.

The nerves floated around inside me as I spent way to long getting ready. I wanted to look country-ish since we were going shooting, so I decided on a fitted pink button up top and blue jeans with my hair down. Lately, I hadn't really got excited or nervous for dates but this one was an exception. 

All neurons in my body were having a big celebration when he came to get me, so much so that I couldn't contain my smiles. My excitement was added to when I found out that two other couples were going with us; and I would have to sit in the middle by him (again :) ) so that there would be room for everyone else. Heaven forbid... (I couldn't think of a better spot ;-) ) We made our way to notorious 'R' mountain to shoot Izac's guns. 

I like a guy with guns. My dad had (and still has) guns. All my uncles had (and still have) guns. Every guy should have a gun. My tall, dark and handsome man whom I was getting to know, had a small collection of guns that left me even more impressed with him. He had a 22 rifle, a pistol, a shot gun and my favorite was his A.R.. That gun just looked bad. Military bad.

I got to shoot all of his guns. Even growing up with guns in our house I still wasn't super familiar with them, so Izac stood close, (causing me to breath faster...) and helped me out.  The boys forgot earplugs so Izac would cover my ears when I shot the loud guns, standing arms length away directly behind me. I had never shot an A.R. before and I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I was pretty proud to be able to say I had shot one.  

If I was trying to impress him by being an excellent shot that definitely wasn't happening. I missed everthing! I was a terrible shot. I hoped that our relationship didn't weigh on my accuracy because if so, I was in trouble and a lost cause.   


After a time it started getting dark so we headed to another spot on 'R' mountain to build a fire and make some tin foil dinners. When we got there Izac put a cowboy hat on that he had in the Bronco. I think my heart stopped for a few seconds when I saw him with it on. Dang, he looked good!

The boys were having some troubles keeping the fire going good enough to cook our dinners; so Izac got a brilliant idea to just put the lighter fluid directly on the foil and then let them cook that way. When the flame would dwindle out he would just squirt more of the juice from the lighter fluid can directly on the thin layer of tin foil that was covering our food. I made a comment that we were going to have toxic food but Izac just replied that it would burn out. I just smiled and hoped he was right, thinking to myself that he was definitely a guy. :) 

Surprisingly, we all lived through it and didn't have any toxic side effects from the lighter fluid that cooked our food. It was a great time sitting around the camp fire and sharing stories.To say that Izac and I flirted is a true statement. The direct words from my journal are "Izac and I flirted it up."

After we had finished our meal and it was getting late, so they took us all home. I got a hug on the door step and went in to dream of shooting guns with good looking man right next to me. 

Brad was coming back Sunday, but that was the farthest thing from my thoughts.  

FEEL FREE TO GIVE SUGGESTIONS or IDEAS or COMMENTS ON MY WRITING ANYTIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment