Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

The Pre-Beginning of Us

First: This is the pre-beginning of our story. 
Second: Eventually in my story some names may be used and some will likely be changed.
Third: I plan on making the suspense last ;-)  

Fourth: I am practicing my writing by writing our story. (Feel free to critique!! (writing or grammar or punctuation usage or anything else :)  ) )

For your reading delight.....

We were in Utah.

 My mom was going to compete in one of her first half triathlons there and the family came to support her. This was a pretty big event in my family because it involved a 1/2 mile swim and my mom is NOT a swimmer. In fact, growing up I knew that she was scared of the water and getting out too deep.  

We headed down South on a Friday and stayed the night at my Grandpa's so my mom would have adequate rest in preparation for her early morning race. 

My mom had to be to her race bright and early to sign in, I was definitely still asleep when she left. Around 7:30 in the AM my dad woke me up and gathered us four kids in the basement of my grandpa's house. Just from the way he was acting I knew something wasn't right...

This made me rather nervous and if I was at all sleepy it left in concern for my father. 

My dad began my talking about the decisions we make and how important your decisions were...

This was out of his character. I really knew that something wasn't right by this time. His physic showed it, he had hints of tired sadness all across his face.

My heart rate increase... Wondering who it was or what it was that had happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment