Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

That Next Sunday...

A continuation of 'The First Date With...'

Parked in the church parking lot that Sunday was the Bronco that I was beginning to really enjoy being in. Izac and his apartment were in my ward and they had got there early. On the way in, I hurried and stuck a note in the windshield wipers that said "I really like your ride, heart me". I hoped that he would get it and have a good idea who it came from. :)

That Sunday was also my roommate's birthday. Later after church I made her some brownies to celebrate and invited a few people over. Izac and his roommates came to celebrate with us, Brad was still out of town and due to get back a little later that evening. 

While the aroma of brownies filled the air, Izac located some of my roommates mini squirt guns and we had a spontaneous water fight right there in the apartment kitchen. I was really enjoying all of these unplanned brawls in my apartment. 

The buzzer announcing that the brownies were finished interrupted the fun we were having getting water everywhere. Together we cut the brownies up and made a plate for my roommate. Izac adorned the top of our brownie platter with a ball of brownie that he had rolled himself; his own personal touch. 

We didn't have any candles so we improvised and used matches instead. 

  
After our little celebration, one of Izac's roommates needed a ride back to their apartment, so Izac and I took him back. Izac let me drive his Bronco. It was a stick shift. At that particular moment in time, I was really grateful that my first car had been a stick shift. I didn't stall it once ('yay me!')! As I was driving, I noticed that the note I had put in his windshield wipers was on the dash. Izac saw me look at it and asked if I was 'me'. I could only smile and allowed that to be his answer. 

As roommates we had been going stadium singing (its where you go sing hymns underneath the stadium bleachers, it sounds really cool) and this week was no different. Much to my happiness and excitement Izac decided to go with us.  He and I were standing real close and sharing a hymn book when Brad got there... 

Izac wet from the squirt gun fight and putting 'candles' in the brownies. 

More of the birthday festivities.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment