Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kitchen Messes

A continuation of 'Cuddles..."

The next day (on Wednesday) Izac took me to lunch at Subway. I didn't want to bring last night up because I was afraid he would 'dump' me on the spot or that I would talk myself into a mess trying to apologize for the whole incident.

 He talked me into trying his 'signature' sandwich at Subway which was a Spicy Italian on flat bread with veggies and honey mustard. I was pretty skeptical that that sandwich wasn't going to be good on flat bread but it was delicious! We talked throughout lunch until I had to be at class again. Luckily for me, the topic of our couch cuddles the night before didn't come up. 

I was feeling somewhat more relaxed about us because he took me country dancing that night. He told me that he liked it and wanted to learn it better. This country dancing was romantic to me. I was excited to be dancing and learning to dance with such a clean-cut man! The proximity of his nearness made my face flush and heart beat fast. We went to the instruction together, learned some moves and danced a few dances before we decided to go find something to eat. 



My family at home doesn't eat or really care for left over food. I like left overs and will eat them; so my mom would often times send me the left overs to school, as long as I brought her dish back. That particular night I had a big glass bowl container of corn chowder in the fridge. That sounded good to both of us so we were going to go for it. We decided to cook the chowder on the oven. We set the bowl on the unit to warm it up. Before long we heard a loud CRACK, both of us jumped at the sound, rather startled and wondering what had happened.



The glass bowl container had pretty well shattered and left us a rather large mess of shards of glass and chowder to clean up (something about cold glass and hot heat don't mix well...) . We salvaged what we could out of the glass shards and ate it (talk about poor college kids or something... :) ). My mom wasn't getting her dish back this time. . .

We laughed about it, cleaned up our chowder mess, and practiced our newly acquired dancing skills in the kitchen. After dancing for a little bit he had to go, we both still had loads of college homework that was required of us. I think the night before had made him nervous to sit on the couch, but we still had a great time together!

We were becoming notorious for messes in the kitchen; glitter fights, water fights, cracking glass and chowder soup everywhere; what was going to be next?  Izac made me happy, being with him was turning out to be one of my favorite things. At times, me dating him seemed way to good to be true.

Brad had kind of faded out of the picture, it wasn't hard for him to see or know what was happening between Izac and I. I mean, Izac and him shared the same bedroom in their apartment. . .  I felt bad for the way things went down with him and his girl back home breaking up for me; but everything with this Izac was feeling right and I was very attracted to him (very attracted).

I still had to face the fact the my cousin and his young daughter were dead. The vicious water (and lack of life jackets...) at Steck Park had taken their lives never to return again to mortal life.

 Young death is difficult to deal with. You wonder so many things... and why?


To us this is our story of how Izac's roommate liked me and Izac kind of 'stole' me away. We have enjoyed this story, that happened in our dating relationship, and telling it to those interested. :)


I got the pictures at http://www.recyclethis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/broken_glass250.jpg and http://cornerdancehall.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/People-Dancing-Silhouette-2-psd9850.3122219_std.png

No comments:

Post a Comment