Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Pre-Beginning of Us Continued Again ;)

A continuation of 'The Pre-Beginning of  Us Continued' 

The gun shot rang and race started. The loud shot seemed to be permission for my tears to start flowing again.
I cried for Emma. 
I cried for Ryker. 
I cried for everyone close to them. 
I cried for my mom.
I cried for all that had ever lost a loved one. 
And I cried because I could. 

This was supposed to be a thrilling, happy, and exciting race not a mournful one. If my life depended on it, I don't think I could have stopped those tears from flowing. 

With everyone having the same color of swim cap on, at first it was difficult to find my mom. After a short time however, it wasn't hard to pick her out. 

She was at the very back of the all racers. 
The very back.
The odd thing was, that someone was with her... Like right next to her... In my mind I thought that it had to be one of her friends, that was competing with her, helping her along. No stranger would purposely swim that close to someone else. From a distance though I couldn't tell who it was. 

I cried again (or still...). These tears were tears of thankful cries that someone was going to help my mom conquer her fear. 

In my mind I wondered when this friend would leave my mom. I figured that the friend was just helping her get started. Then the friend would continue to swim to try and get a decent time. 

Before long it seemed these two swimmers were deserted by all other racers. They seemed to be the only swimmers in the lake, miles behind the race and going at a snail's pace. One who hadn't deserted them, however, was the rescue boat. They were sticking real close to these two swimmers. 

After what seemed like an eternity of time, they came ashore and had finished the swim! 

Dead last. 

But what an accomplishment for my mom! If that friend hadn't pushed and helped my mom along I think the rescue boat would have had to get her after 100 yards.

The friend stayed right next to my mom the WHOLE time! Talk about a good friend. I cried, grateful for the God send of a great friend to my mom. 

Amid my sadness for the loss of life, was great happiness for success of an accomplishment. She had done it!

When we arrived home later that day we found a news report that said they had tried CPR for an hour to revive little Emma but to no avail. We also found out that when the men (Ryker and two buddies) went to anchor the boat, the line caught. It pulled the front of the boat down and started sinking the boat, leaving the occupants to flee. 

Ryker's body was still missing...

I was clinging onto all hope that he was alright...



** here was the news report we watched**
http://www.ktvb.com/home/One-girl-dead-deputies-searching-for-man-after-boating-accident-123165783.html 


 Everyone waiting for the race to start.

 My mom (on her back) and her friend.

 Them together again.

Them and a rescue boat near by.

Finally finishing the swim, my mom's friend and my mom.

Them coming out of the water. :)

Please always feel free to critique. I am writing our story for practice.
I enjoy making the suspense last ;) but The Beginning is coming :)


No comments:

Post a Comment