Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ryker and Emma

A continuation of 'Just Fishin'

My mind still visited the man that I was dating amid the mournfulness I was experiencing. I was still very hopeful of where things could go between he and I. 

We went to my Aunt's that morning Friday morning. Everyone was in formal dress preparing for the double funeral that was to take place that morning. I was doing just fine until I seen the poem that I had given my Aunt being passed around for others to read. I was fine with everyone reading it. I was proud of it; but it made me well up with tears again. I got a lot of compliments on the poem. Both my dad and grandpa teared up a bit over it. It was a time of contemplation for all that knew these two great people. 



Little Emma had just celebrated her two year old birthday a few days before her passing. 



It still seemed so unreal to me; things like this didn't happen to me. They happened to other people. This time was my families turn to go through something real tough; and it was just that. I couldn't help thinking that maybe I was in a bad dream or something and somehow they would come back. 

It has been mentioned before that Ryker loved his little girl. He did. Look at the next pictures and what he had prepared for her; training wheels and everything :) They really were going to do everything together. :)

Emma's bike
Ryker and Emma's bike

 The funeral was real nice and some great memories from families and friends were shared. One of my Uncles gave a prayer at the grave sight and everyone stood there in tears and leftover memories. I cried a lot. 

The whole ordeal got me really thinking about things. Particularly about the 'after life'. I have been taught Christian values all my life and with that I have been taught that families can be together forever. These events affirmed in my mind that families can be together forever. If they couldn't be together forever what would be the point in life? That was one of the only thoughts that was comforting me in the loss of Ryker and sweet little Emma.



Some buddies of Ryker's drove a pretty sweet looking hot rod to the funeral in Ryker's memory. It fit well. It was a push start. It was fun to watch the guys dressed up in suits push it down the road to get it going. 



Albertson's donated 250 pieces of chicken for us to eat after the funeral. It is real nice to know and feel the love and support of a community. Believe it or not some people are still very generous. It was a very nice thing for them to do. We were all grateful for it! 

It was a rough day. I cried throughout most of it. They were gone from mortal life and there wasn't a thing I could do about it, I was helpless and it hurt. My knowledge and faith in eternal families held me together.

No comments:

Post a Comment