Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Very Beginning, Later that Night

A continuation of 'The Very Beginning of Us' 

At the time, I was trying hard not to think about boys because they had just caused pain. What was I doing?


I don't want to spend prolonged time on my past because this is our story. But my past had shaped me and made me realize that this returned missionary, who had never kissed a girl, had the potential to be very different from other boys. 


When I said that boys had caused me pain I meant it. There was the boy who convinced me to move to another state for him (it ended up only lasting a week, big issues there). There was one that I completely broke his heart (nice guy, but my love did not feel eternal for him). And there was the boy who I found lying with a girl on his chest when he and I were supposedly dating (my dad seriously wanted to kill him for a time). To make several long stories, short; it seemed that most of the guys I had dated had only one thing at the top of their list and on their minds: physical attention.    


But my glitter fight stranger...

He had never kissed a girl...

He could get to know me, for me, and not for my lips. Needless to say that simple fact about him really impressed me. 

Thinking about this tall, dark and handsome gave me a needed break from my mournful state. Thoughts of him and the possible potential coursed through my brain. I knew it was way to early to be thinking about anything serious but I couldn't keep those thoughts from coming. 


The same night as the glitter-glue-fight I was at my apartment doing my homework when the door bell rang. It was Brad, Izac and two more of their roommates. At that time it finally dawned on me that the stranger that had looked at me at church, when I was on my way out, was Izac. These boys had in hand a big poster board card and the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, with bright blues, yellows, and purple in it. 





They were for me... 


My rain cloud of tears spilled over once again. This kind act touched my heart to know that they cared for me and what was happening in my life. All that were present had information that something tragic had happened but they didn't know what. 

Through my tears, I proceeded to tell them what had happened with little Emma's passing and how Ryker was still missing. It felt good to get it out but it was embarrassing for me to cry in front of these guys. Especially my handsome stranger.   


In my emotional state, I asked for, and was given a priesthood blessing by one of the roommates and we all shared hugs. 


 Brad held onto me a little longer than I desired; but I particularly enjoyed my hug from my sparkly-glue-guy. 


I was really affected by what was happening. Everyone of my roommates and that whole apartment of boys had written a nice note for me on the inside. These friends were a God send for me at the time.

Finally, I found out and knew why everyone was coloring in my apartment earlier. They were coloring a card for me. They had hurried to lock the door to put it away when they heard me coming.

I had just met him that day and tall, dark and handsome was already making his way into my thoughts, he and Brad had initiated and acted on the idea to give me a card and flowers. 


Tuesday night Brad came over. 

Wednesday night Brad came over.
Thursday night Brad invited me over to his apartment (Izac wasn't there).
Thursday night after getting home from their apartment I got a text from Brad.
He told me that he and his girl back home had broke up and that he liked me.... 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment